Help with UK Fiancé settlement visa

Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Charlley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with UK Fiancé settlement visa

Hi there, so me and my fiancé are looking for some help when it comes to our application to get the UK fiancé settlement visa.

My fiancé is American and lives in the USA and I am English and live in the UK.

We are starting to get things in order for the application, trying to get ahead of things as much as we can as we won't be applying until next yet but it can never hurt to make sure we have everything in order and know what we are doing.

A few questions have cropped up along the way which baffle us slightly on how to go forward however and are seeking some help.

I (the UK citizen) am on PIP (Personal Independent Payment), enhanced rate for both Daily living and Mobility components. Which is £82.30 for Daily Living and £57.45 for Mobility.

I am also on Employment and Support Allowance which is Basic allowance £73.10 plus the support component which is £36.20

So my first question is since we make enough to prove adequate maintenance do we still need to provide my fiancé'a financial records? Also how should we present our proof of adequate maintenance as there doesn't seem to be a standard format?

Second question is with barcodes we don't need what should we do with them? For example the English test and the Tuberculosis test

Third question is what should we do about employment evidence as I am not working obviously so should we included my fiancés instead or is that not necessary?

Fourth question is do we need a VAF4A along with appendix 2 ? The appendix 2 form says we need it but the U.K. Gov website says only for North Korea

Fifth question is when organizing papers do we include the VAF4A and appendix 2 forms in with the supporting document barcodes or on top ?

Thank you all very much for any help or insight you can provide us it is all greatly appreciated.

Charlotte & Anya
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

sayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with UK Fiancé settlement visa

Unfortunately you need to make 18,600 a year to bring your spouse over - and you say that you make 250 a week (so c.13,000 a year)

So unless you have substantial savings, no, you don't have enough to show adequate maintenance. Does she have a job offer in the UK?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sayang
Unfortunately you need to make 18,600 a year to bring your spouse over - and you say that you make 250 a week (so c.13,000 a year)

So unless you have substantial savings, no, you don't have enough to show adequate maintenance. Does she have a job offer in the UK?
Yes but because I am on disability and can not work I am exempt from having to making 18,000 a year so instead you have to be able to meet the maintenance instead or at least that is what the government website says.

Thanks for your reply
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charlley
Yes but because I am on disability and can not work I am exempt from having to making 18,000 a year so instead you have to be able to meet the maintenance instead or at least that is what the government website says.

Thanks for your reply
Can you post a link to where it says it on the gov website?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Can you post a link to where it says it on the gov website?
Apparently I can't post a link yet but it is on gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income
Extra information that may be needed is that PIP is what people on Disability Living allowence between 16-65 I believe have been changed over to the last few years