Help Please Spouse/Settlement Visa

Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:13 am
Just Joined

bobshirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please Spouse/Settlement Visa

Hi My Name is Robert and I HOPE some kind people out there can help us ,we hope there might be someone that has got there Spouse/Settlement Visa to go to the UK in September ,Canberra got all our papers on the 6 th September ,I have been told not to call and try to find out how our visa is going and how much longer as the wait is sending us crazy I have been told on another forum from 6 working days to 60 working day ,my wife went home to the UK last week after a 6 month visit ,and this wait is very bad for me Hope you can help .the last 2 people told me 36 and 37 working day is there any way to know is it 9 36 37 60 days.
Robert
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please Spouse/Settlement Visa

Originally Posted by bobshirl
I have been told on another forum from 6 working days to 60 working day ,my wife went home to the UK last week after a 6 month visit ,and this wait is very bad for me Hope you can help .the last 2 people told me 36 and 37 working day is there any way to know is it 9 36 37 60 days.
Yes there is a way - you wait until you receive the answer in the mail.

The UKVisas website has a link to processing times on the front page.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: Help Please Spouse/Settlement Visa

Bob

I really can't answer your question, nor can anyone else. It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

Processing times vary from applicant to applicant and on workload of the vsia centre. The processing staff will have varying checks to carry out and these depend on the type of documents that you and your wife submitted and how complex your background circumstances are.

Just to put this into perspective, my wife's settlement visa was processed in three working days. I believe applicants in other centres have to wait months, maybe years.

You'll have be patient I'm afraid...