Help!!

Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:41 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Ess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!!

Brit in Paris - that is correct. Does that mean we can't apply?
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ess
Brit in Paris - that is correct. Does that mean we can't apply?
It means that you have Right of Abode in the UK but you are not a British citizen. You can register as a British citizen free of charge under Section 4C of the British Nationality Act 1981 using Form UKM. You need only pay a fee of £80 to cover the cost of your citizenship ceremony at your local council offices.

Becoming a British citizen won't make a difference to your ability to sponsor your husband for a spouse visa since you already have Right of Abode but at £72.50 a British passport is considerably cheaper than paying for a new Certificate of Entitlement of Right of Abode in your Australian passport every ten years given that Australian passports are now the most expensive in the world if renewed overseas and a Certificate of Entitlement is now £272.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 9:59 pm
Ess
Just Joined

Ess is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much!!!! I actually paid $1000 or a bit more for my right of abode - I paid for fast processing even though they didn't process it fast!!!
Old Sep 14th 2016, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ess
Realistically Palestinians are treated poorly by Lebanese and that is the real reason for rejection I would say as he has a son and has no reason he would stay illegally in any country... FYI...
The OP needs to know that if her husband is coming to the UK with his son on a spouse visa, they will be subject to the higher rate of financial requirement at £22,400.