Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Cou

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Cou

Old Jul 4th 2015, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

MoKirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Cou

Regarding the following question.

Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years?

We traveled to Malaysia which is a Commonwealth Country. My wife never been issued a Visa to UK should we answer YES to this question.

Kind Regards
Old Jul 4th 2015, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth

On the stamp in my passport to Malaysia it says VISIT pass. Permitted to enter and remain in Malaysia for 90 days on social visit only from the date shown above.

I am not sure if this is considered a visa or not?

Many thanks
Old Jul 4th 2015, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth

My wife passport is Sudanese and my passport is British. And she was issued the Visa on arrival.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoKirk
On the stamp in my passport to Malaysia it says VISIT pass. Permitted to enter and remain in Malaysia for 90 days on social visit only from the date shown above.

I am not sure if this is considered a visa or not?

Many thanks
Yours is not a visa - its a visit stamp.

You say your wife got a visa on arrival? Usually visas are issued prior to you arriving at a country - not much point in arriving and then being issued the visa.

Did you wife apply for the visa prior to her visit to Malaysia. What does the visa say? Does it say the same as yours?
Old Jul 4th 2015, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply.

Yes hers say the same thing as mine. I thought the term for it is Visa-on-arrival.

She did not apply for Visa before hand we go the Visa in Malaysia?

I answered YES to this question thinking that this is Visa-on-arrival (Single Entry Visa) and submitted the form and the appointment is next week.

Could this cause an issue if it is not considered a Visa? How do I fix this? Do I just update the form manually that I printed to say No and add a note about it.

Thanks

Last edited by MoKirk; Jul 4th 2015 at 4:51 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

According to How to extend your Malaysian tourist visa (Social Visit Pass) in Kuala Lumpur

Social Visit Pass is Malaysian tourist visa.
Old Jul 4th 2015, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoKirk
According to How to extend your Malaysian tourist visa (Social Visit Pass) in Kuala Lumpur

Social Visit Pass is Malaysian tourist visa.
If hers says the same as yours and yours is a Social visit pass then its not a VISA in the true sense of the word - it a tourist entry stamp
Old Jul 4th 2015, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi SanDiegogirl

Since the appointment is a week away and I haven't sent my papers yet. I was able to cancel the old appointment and I made a new application and new appointment. This time I answered No to the question.

From FAQ visa4uk page

How do I cancel my application?
Provided you have not completed the Sign Declaration section, you will have a Delete Application option via View My Applications. If you have signed the declaration you will not be able to delete the application. If this is the case you can leave the application, it will have no bearing on any other applications and will eventually be deleted by the system. If you have made a payment and require a refund please see the section on Payments and Refunds. If you request a refund via View Payment your application will not be processed but will still be visible in your account.

Kind Regards
Old Jul 5th 2015, 2:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it's referring to Commonwealth countries for which the UK government processes visas for as opposed to all Commonwealth countries.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...tre-or-embassy