Going Back

Old Apr 28th 2016, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Re: Going Back

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Yes, but it can continue (much) further down the line than 1st generation born abroad, (contrary to British citizenship), with provisos !

For example: my granddaughter (great-grandparents born in France, but her grandfather & mother born abroad) is a French citizen. Also a cousin of sorts who is French citizen by 'filiation' via gr-gr-grandparent.

Shirt sounds good...wooow... usually people in Toronto dont play will with people from quebec...i never had an issues with people from quebec ..quebec reminds a little about the roads in rural UK and the victorian houses..Sorry i just noticed that.(profile)..
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goins
Shirt sounds good...wooow... usually people in Toronto dont play will with people from quebec...i never had an issues with people from quebec ..quebec reminds a little about the roads in rural UK and the victorian houses..Sorry i just noticed that.(profile)..
I try not to bother with such interprovincial nonsense (although I do react sometimes) . Anyway, I'm a long-term expat Brit, so I'm considered a foreigner anywhere in Canada!
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Ancestry of GM

Biip Or BEV..you might be intrested..found out my fathers father Thomas his wife Marie Blanche was not born in India i was told to search the latter day saints ...familysearch.org Might be a french by birth from the records in London..who pointed me to the sight.

So many Blanches...starting to look like the word tree branch..lolol

Thanks fro all the help..

Last edited by goins; Apr 28th 2016 at 3:04 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirt love that. i wanna visit it the cobble stone roads..i hear are a beauty..good to know someone from there..truly is
Old Apr 28th 2016, 2:14 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancestry of GM

Familysearch is an important resource if you're into family history... and it's free.
If you're into UK records, then you can quite easily research straightforward families back to the early 1800s using a combination of familysearch and freebmd.org.uk, again free and online.
I've not personally had any need to investigate french records but a quick look at familysearch suggests that researchers could be quite fortunate here, but as always you have to be careful when presented with multiple choices of possible individuals, although it helps if your name isn't Smith.
From a UK perspective, familysearch allows you to access most census records and if you're lucky then these can be linked to parish register records and GRO certificates. I assume that equivalent records exist in France and a quick look shows many have been transcribed.
I recommend getting familiar with familysearch and freebmd, they both allow searches and you'll be surprised how easy it can be.. and the site contains details from many other countries to allow equivalent searches.
Good Luck...

Last edited by dave_j; Apr 28th 2016 at 2:18 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Biip Or BEV..you might be intrested..found out my fathers father thomas his wife Marie Blanche was not born in India i was told to search the latter daysaints ...familysearch.org Might a France Birht from the records in London..what would i go to find this just a name first and last..

So many Blanches...starting to look like the word tree branch..lolol

Thanks fro all the help..
I'm confused! Did you mean to send this as a PM?
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave_j
Familysearch is an important resource if you're into family history... and it's free.
If you're into UK records, then you can quite easily research straightforward families back to the early 1800s using a combination of familysearch and freebmd.org.uk, again free and online.
I've not personally had any need to investigate french records but a quick look at familysearch suggests that researchers could be quite fortunate here, but as always you have to be careful when presented with multiple choices of possible individuals, although it helps if your name isn't Smith.
From a UK perspective, familysearch allows you to access most census records and if you're lucky then these can be linked to parish register records and GRO certificates. I assume that equivalent records exist in France and a quick look shows many have been transcribed.
I recommend getting familiar with familysearch and freebmd, they both allow searches and you'll be surprised how easy it can be.. and the site contains details from many other countries to allow equivalent searches.
Good Luck...
THanks Dave...hopefully will find something after chatting with Sister Patty..ty again
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I may have figured it out. Looks like this should have been posted in the MBTTUK forum, rather than the Canada forum, where people might actually understand what it's about - am I right?!?

I think that's it, so I'll move it now, but let me know if it's still in the wrong place.

HTH.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I think this should be moved to this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz.../#post11934241
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I may have figured it out. Looks like this should have been posted in the MBTTUK forum, rather than the Canada forum, where people might actually understand what it's about - am I right?!?

I think that's it, so I'll move it now, but let me know if it's still in the wrong place.

HTH.
yes please do...and ty Going Back thread please
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

yes please do...and ty Going Back thread please
OK, will move it there. For a moment there I thought I'd had some kind of seizure, none of it made any sense to me. Hope those in the know can help you.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

You got it right, Christmasoompa! Thank you!

Goins: the M-B Desbruslais who married T Waddel in Calcutta in 1908, was probably born in Howrah ~1888/9.

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ountry%3AIndia

Louis J (the one I can find) was a child who died very shortly (1 day) after birth - again in Howrah ~1894.

Is it possible your great grandfather (M-B's father) was Louis M?

Last edited by Shirtback; Apr 28th 2016 at 3:35 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 8:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is it possible your great grandfather (M-B's father) was Louis M?
I'd go along with that.

So far and it is not much.

The paternal grandmother Marie Blanche Desbruslais born 18 Oct 1888. Baptised November . Died 16 Dec 1911. Two siblings found. Louis J and Esthel Jouie

Grt Grandparents Louis Matthew Desbruslais - birth details unknown. Jane Marie St. Jeanne - birth details unknown.

There is a parallel family around this time with the same surname & in the same place.
Old May 22nd 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any updates/advances on this search?
Old May 24th 2016, 10:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Any updates/advances on this search?
Hi Shirtback.
I haven't had enough time of late to look and cross check etc. You'll know what I mean. It's a bit trick-trickery.