Going Back

Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back

At a minimum the OP could expect to receive an ancestry visa if he can provide evidence that his paternal grandfather was born in Scotland. If he can also the evidence reposted by BEVS then he may already in fact be a British citizen and entitled to a British citizen passport.

For what it's worth I've placed an order through the GRO for the OP's father's consular birth certificate.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

For what it's worth I've placed an order through the GRO for the OP's father's consular birth certificate.
What an extremely kind thing for you to do, you're a very good egg BiP.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What an extremely kind thing for you to do, you're a very good egg BiP.
It may or may not exist but it will certainly aid the OP's claim to British citizenship if it does and shows that his grandfather was in Crown service at the time of his father's birth.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I find goins posts very confusing .

*If* he's interested in an ancestry visa, perhaps the following might help:
going on the information given above, I believe that his grandparents (Thomas W & Marie-Blanche D?**) were married in Calcutta 20/7/1908; a record exists*. Their marriage certificate may contain further details which would help trace his grandfather's military rank (& therefore records), &/or birthplace (& therefore birth certificate).

*OP was given this info when he posted a question about his ancestry elsewhere, last year.

** Just to add another possibility to the "puzzle", OP *might* have a claim to French citizenship too ...
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I find goins posts very confusing .

*If* he's interested in an ancestry visa, perhaps the following might help:
going on the information given above, I believe that his grandparents (Thomas W & Marie-Blanche D?**) were married in Calcutta 20/7/1908; a record exists*. Their marriage certificate may contain further details which would help trace his grandfather's military rank (& therefore records), &/or birthplace (& therefore birth certificate).

*OP was given this info when he posted a question about his ancestry elsewhere, last year.
This is the marriage record.

** Just to add another possibility to the "puzzle", OP *might* have a claim to French citizenship too ...
Something to consider but probably not a rabbit hole worth going down at this stage.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 10:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BritInParis
At a minimum the OP could expect to receive an ancestry visa if he can provide evidence that his paternal grandfather was born in Scotland. If he can also the evidence reposted by BEVS then he may already in fact be a British citizen and entitled to a British citizen passport.

I loves you I does.

I'll do a bit of digging myself later on.

Bless you BiP
Old Apr 4th 2016, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

I cant thank you all enough, i was talking to my brother and we spoke about what exists, also brother dug some important information such as my G/father was sent to India for the first world war.i do believe

This is the hardship my wife and her Mother would be dealing with,,as long as i have letters from doctors care takers and council which can prove the hardships..this letter would give some weight to the issue.

Article 8 of the ECHR (European Union Human rights) which says

I have considered your rights under Article 8 of ECHR. Article 8 of the ECHR is a qualified right, proportionate with the need to maintain an effective immigration and border control and decisions under the Immigration Rules are deemed to be compliant with human rights legislation. Although you may have a family life with the sponsor, I am satisfied the decision is proportionate under Article 8(2). I am therefore satisfied the decision is justified by the need to maintain an effective immigration and border control.

It has also been considered whether your application raises any exceptional circumstances which, consistent with the right to respect for private and family life contained in Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, might warrant a grant of entry clearance to the United Kingdom outside the requirements of the Immigration Rules.

You have not raised any such exceptional circumstances, so it has been decided that your application does not fall for a grant of entry clearance outside the rules.

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 6:23 am
`

Originally Posted by goins
i was talking to my brother and we spoke about what exists, also brother dug some important information such as my G/father was sent to India for the first world war.i do believe
With which regiment?
Any clues you give I can work with.

Where in Scotland do you feel your grandfather was born.

Records are a little confusing as there is a Thomas Waddel born at the right time to a Hugh Ernest Wendel in India .

If BritInParis is able to obtain your Dad's consular records at least the exact name of your grandfather will be hopefully pinned down.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

all my brother Julian said grandad's name was Thomas Waddel married Marie Blanche fought in the first world war..and died in India he was born in Scotland in a small village (does not know the name ) i dont even think the village exists,
as for regiment he does not know..

Fathers DOB is 20 sept 1911, Married Marjorie Fernandez DOB 2/0ct 1928

Here is a Thomas Waddel in India.

http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/iofhs.shtml
Thomas Waddel, buried 9 Aug 1942, Calcutta, age 60

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG7J-N8S
Thomas Waddel, born 16 Nov 1881, bapt. 21 Dec 1881, Calcutta, India,
parents Hugh Ernest Waddel & Amelia Jemima

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGJG-3SY
Thomas Waddel's 1908 marriage Marie Blanche Desbruslais

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGJ2-89C
Thomas Waddel's 1915 marriage to Fanny Augusta Waddel

http://search.fibis.org/frontis/bin/
I see some Waddel information also here

Last edited by goins; Apr 4th 2016 at 8:42 am.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:41 am
`

The village will always exist.

This is Scotland and England. It goes back hundreds of years before.

Did your brother say how your grandfather remained in India?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 10:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... This is the hardship my wife and her Mother would be dealing with,,as long as i have letters from doctors care takers and council which can prove the hardships..this letter would give some weight to the issue. ....
You're barking up the wrong tree, let it go. You have been repeatedly advised you have a route to an ancestry visa, and even may be a British citizen already. Those are avenues you need to focus on.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hello Bevs, all i know he died in India, Calcutta, west Bengal... waiting for him to come home from work due to difference in time from perth Australia ...... Ty very much

Yes Pulaski.. i am focusing on that avenue, but i have to keep my options all open, ty very much..
Old Apr 4th 2016, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
With which regiment?
Any clues you give I can work with.

Where in Scotland do you feel your grandfather was born.

Records are a little confusing as there is a Thomas Waddel born at the right time to a Hugh Ernest Wendel in India .

If BritInParis is able to obtain your Dad's consular records at least the exact name of your grandfather will be hopefully pinned down.
Bevs, I've been doing a bit of digging myself, but don't have access to paid sites.

I have a hunch (& it's nothing more than a hunch), that it might be worth looking at Berwickshire/Border country?

I'm not sure "Hugh Ernest" is the right great-grandfather - his son Thomas's birthdate is off by a few years, according to the marriage record of Goins' grandparents...

ETA: do you have a date/place of death for your grandfather, goins?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trying to find that,, i also found out he worked and managed the Tala Water Works in calcutta...could be renamed to the Calcutta Water Works...This is my Grand father

Also looking into getting and extract...is possible

http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/registr...-the-registers

Last edited by goins; Apr 4th 2016 at 4:07 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

all my brother Julian said grandad's name was Thomas Waddel married Marie Blanche fought in the first world war..and died in India he was born in Scotland in a small village (does not know the name ) i dont even think the village exists,
as for regiment he does not know..

Fathers DOB is 20 sept 1911, Married Marjorie Fernandez DOB 2/0ct 1928

Here is a Thomas Waddel in India.

India Office Family History Search
Thomas Waddel, buried 9 Aug 1942, Calcutta, age 60

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG7J-N8S
Thomas Waddel, born 16 Nov 1881, bapt. 21 Dec 1881, Calcutta, India,
parents Hugh Ernest Waddel & Amelia Jemima

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGJG-3SY
Thomas Waddel's 1908 marriage Marie Blanche Desbruslais

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FGJ2-89C
Thomas Waddel's 1915 marriage to Fanny Augusta Waddel
If that Thomas Waddel born in 16 Nov 1881 and bapt Dec 1881 in Calcutta is your grandfather, then that seems to show he was born in India and not Scotland. What am I missing?

Maybe it was your great grandfather who was born in Scotland? Which according to your link above, was Hugh Ernest Waddel?

Last edited by formula; Apr 4th 2016 at 5:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.