Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Getting started on the move - Tips on Spouse's Visa appreciated

Getting started on the move - Tips on Spouse's Visa appreciated

Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Couture is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting started on the move - Tips on Spouse's Visa appreciated

Hi guys, I posted on the immigration boards earlier but I thought with the friendly buzz in here it might be worth running this past you guys also. Basically my partner and i (who are due to get married in two months) just got a sniff of hope from our ex employer for the future. If it happens that either she, or I or both of us get our old jobs back then we want to be prepared.

So we are making her visa file this week and going to try to get all the documents together that we can. I just wanted to run this past someone who knows so I can make the best effort possible. Note that we were employed for the same company in Ireland, they also have offices in London and its possible we will be invited to work in the London offices.

any input from the guys here would be much appreciated...

Posted on other immigration forum:

Alright guys, thanks for past advice..now my partner and I have some sniffs of work probably after christmas so we are going to jump in feet first and start getting a file prepared for her Visa application. I thought it a good idea to initially post here a list of things we intend to include and maybe some of you can comment on anything we missed or if theres something I dont need, or something would be insufficient etc.

So - ex employer is saying theres a chance our positions could come up again - easy for me because i can jump across the ocean and start work immediately so we want to make it a no brainer for ECO to process my partner. We are getting married soon (not for visa), she is going to do her english test etc.

Heres our list:

Proof of relationship
- marriage certificate
- bank statements showing dual salaries
- emails
- photographs together
- gym membership with joint names
- my divorce decree from previous

Proof of income
- letter of job offer for me*
- letter of job offer for her*
- bank statement showing cash from sale of assets (car, TV, furniture)
- receipts from sale of assets
- bank statement showing savings (wont be much)
- Letter from each of us stating our profession and expected annual salaries *in absence of job offer letter for either of us

Miscellaneous Suporting Documents
- Passed english exam
- letter from landlord showing cost of rental in UK (zero) and details of house
- her CV and Degree
- monthly outgoings vs income analysis
- Her passport shows past Irish visa - is this useful at all?

Thats all I can think of and pretty much all we can get our hands on. Any opinions on this would be hugely appreciated. Shes starting to build her file this week.

Thanks guys
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice
Default Re: Getting started on the move - Tips on Spouse's Visa appreciated

sorry, but where are you and where are you hoping to return to? Ireland? What is/are your citizenship status(es)?
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by john5655
sorry, but where are you and where are you hoping to return to? Ireland? What is/are your citizenship status(es)?
im british, we are trying to move to the UK. We both lived in Ireland before (working for the same company who has offices in London) and I was wondering if it held any relevance that she held a visa for ROI.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

if you follow the VAF4A application form and document requirements, you should have a solid case

it's not about having guaranteed work to take up in UK, it's about your ability to settle and find work, so this will depend on your skills/qualifications and past work experience

plus of course you will need to comply with accommodation and maintenance requirements, but I guess you have this covered, in any case, this is what you need to know

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mai...ation#18177510
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

cheers

We wouldnt move without work to go to, I know we could with some savings but with the state of our profession it isnt wise! That was really just a cherry on top to make sure she has no problem with the process. Accommodation is sorted too so supporting ourselves wont be an issue.

Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Couture
im british, we are trying to move to the UK. We both lived in Ireland before (working for the same company who has offices in London) and I was wondering if it held any relevance that she held a visa for ROI.
None.