first child british passport overseas

Old May 18th 2016, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: first child british passport overseas

Originally Posted by Jacejaz
I am the wife :-) yes my visa is just 3 weeks..no I did not use priority. Even the other people there I talked to. They said only 3 weeks. I dunno but before it took 3 months for spouse visa..but this year just 3 weeks :-)
Lol, sorry) oh ok, don't think I will use the priority service then will wait my turn. I just hope that my daughter's application will be quick, but am not holding my breath
Old May 19th 2016, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haydock67
Lol, sorry) oh ok, don't think I will use the priority service then will wait my turn. I just hope that my daughter's application will be quick, but am not holding my breath
Where you from
Old May 19th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

teejay69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just reading details about your passport application for your kids, i was in the same situation, the whole process takes about 9 months, so be prepared for a long wait. also dont waste time calling each week, the process to verify all Philippine documents takes at least 8 months, after that you will be invited for a face to face interview and the passport issued to your kids. so if you applied last dec 2015,the earliest is September 2016 before the passport will be ready, if you need any more advise let me know..wish you all the best
Old May 19th 2016, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teejay69
Hi,
Just reading details about your passport application for your kids, i was in the same situation, the whole process takes about 9 months, so be prepared for a long wait. also dont waste time calling each week, the process to verify all Philippine documents takes at least 8 months, after that you will be invited for a face to face interview and the passport issued to your kids. so if you applied last dec 2015,the earliest is September 2016 before the passport will be ready, if you need any more advise let me know..wish you all the best
That's sad to know I thought they're coming so soon.. They're recieved the application form dec 29 2015. But they asked me again for additional documents which is the old passports of my wife. They received it February 2nd week because my wife need to wait for her passports back from vfs. So maybe they'll count the months when we completed all the documents they need or they'll start the time they received the application form?-
Old May 19th 2016, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

you have to be patient, the process is a long one, also if they passport office have doubt they might even ask you to do a DNA test. and they dont accept DNA test done in Philippines. so hope all your documents are accepted.
Old May 19th 2016, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

you have to be patient, the process is a long one, also if they passport office have doubt they might even ask you to do a DNA test. and they dont accept DNA test done in Philippines. so hope all your documents are accepted.
I hope and pray. Is your spouse is a filipina also?
Old May 19th 2016, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where you from
I'm British born and my wife is form Sierra Leone.
Old May 20th 2016, 7:54 am
Just Joined

i have a filipina gf, not married yet
Old May 25th 2016, 9:57 am
Just Joined

frank13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jacejaz,

Your situation is similar as mine.. My son was born in Philippines in 2013 filipino mom and british father. We applied his first child british passport online and the birth certificate we submit is the birth certificate issued from NSO we dont registered is birth certificate in British Embassy:

There are the excerpt of what we experience as it took 14 months before we receive his british passport:
March 19 2015 - date of application
March 26 2015 - application form received in HMPO
September 10 2015 - received an email asking an additional documents from the mother ( 5 docs with proof of address in Philippines, such as academic records, barangay clearance etc..)
September 18 2015 - additional documents received in HMPO
March 12 2016 - received an email asking for DNA for the parents and the child as they are not convince for the documents we submitted.
April 12 2016 - appointment for DNA in British Embassy
April 19 2016 - DNA result forwarded to HMPO
April 26 2016 - received an email from HMPO asking the recent passport photo of our son and signed by the counter assignatory in his application.
May 12 2016 - Passport Dispatched from HMPO
May 20, 2016 - supporting documents delivered in Philippines where my son live
may 22, 2016 - passport received in the address where my son live.

Hope this well help.
Old May 25th 2016, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frank13
Hi Jacejaz,

Your situation is similar as mine.. My son was born in Philippines in 2013 filipino mom and british father. We applied his first child british passport online and the birth certificate we submit is the birth certificate issued from NSO we dont registered is birth certificate in British Embassy:

There are the excerpt of what we experience as it took 14 months before we receive his british passport:
March 19 2015 - date of application
March 26 2015 - application form received in HMPO
September 10 2015 - received an email asking an additional documents from the mother ( 5 docs with proof of address in Philippines, such as academic records, barangay clearance etc..)
September 18 2015 - additional documents received in HMPO
March 12 2016 - received an email asking for DNA for the parents and the child as they are not convince for the documents we submitted.
April 12 2016 - appointment for DNA in British Embassy
April 19 2016 - DNA result forwarded to HMPO
April 26 2016 - received an email from HMPO asking the recent passport photo of our son and signed by the counter assignatory in his application.
May 12 2016 - Passport Dispatched from HMPO
May 20, 2016 - supporting documents delivered in Philippines where my son live
may 22, 2016 - passport received in the address where my son live.

Hope this well help.
Awww! Dats long but congrats coz u have already approved.. and us we will wait until its finish and we don't know when..I hope and I pray that they won't ask additional documents. Il update you when everything is okay..I left my kids in Philippines.Ive been here in london for months now with spouse visa..so sad((wife)
Old May 26th 2016, 5:59 am
Just Joined

frank13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww! Dats long but congrats coz u have already approved.. and us we will wait until its finish and we don't know when..I hope and I pray that they won't ask additional documents. Il update you when everything is okay..I left my kids in Philippines.Ive been here in london for months now with spouse visa..so sad((wife)
i understand what you've been through.. Its been hard for us also living abroad without our son and this application process is a nigthmare.. you dont know what to do as everytime we follow no specific answer from HMPO .. All you have we have to do wait and more patient..
Old May 26th 2016, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Yes Frank13, its upsetting not able to have your kid with you, but whats important is to be patient, the delay is to do with the fact that Philippines is a high risk country for fake documents and certificates, so the process to verify a simple document takes ages, thats why before i started my application for my kids passport, i did a DNA test at my own expense, as i knew this might be required. all in all you are looking at a 9 or 12 months process. so sit tight and relax.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

A child passport might take upto 6 months to 1 yr to process from Philippines . Due to the fact that Philippine is high risk country for fraudulent documents. i have just completed the passport process for my daughter in Philippines, I posted the passport application October 2015 and sent all documents requested, on 22nd of June 2016 my partner had an interview at the British embassy in manila, then today 13th of july 2016 , got the passport, the whole process took 9 months.. my partner and i are not married yet. she lives in philipines i live in the UK..so hope this helps,
Old Aug 12th 2016, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Yes Frank13, its upsetting not able to have your kid with you, but whats important is to be patient, the delay is to do with the fact that Philippines is a high risk country for fake documents and certificates, so the process to verify a simple document takes ages, thats why before i started my application for my kids passport, i did a DNA test at my own expense, as i knew this might be required. all in all you are looking at a 9 or 12 months process. so sit tight and relax.
Since I am in the UK already. Do I need to go Philippines to attend interview or it's okay just my kids and their grandma,. By the way the application still on examination
Old Aug 13th 2016, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi

You dont need to go to philipines for any interview. my interview was done on the phone, it lasted for 45mins,

after my interview , it took 2 weeks for my kids passport to be processed and i received the passport within 3 weeks of my interview..

But the mother of your kid must attend an interview at the British embassey in manila. they will ask normal questions about your relationship and also confirm child details..but the whole process will take 6 to 10 months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.