Financial requirement question

Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

heinrich198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirement question

Hello, so I got a question about the financial requirement. Me and my gf wanna get married, shes the UK citizen. She has a full time job, the 1st month she worked there she got more than base pay, can't remember if it was because of overtime or what. But her base pay of £1519 is just below. Now I understand how to work out over time and such, my question is when you calculate the income, does it have to be specifically the 6 months before you give in your application or can it be more months? Because the time we want to give in our application the 6 months would have passed where she got that big pay month.

Thank you
Old Feb 4th 2018, 6:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial requirement question

Originally Posted by heinrich198
does it have to be specifically the 6 months before you give in your application or can it be more months? Because the time we want to give in our application the 6 months would have passed where she got that big pay month. ....
It has to be the current/ recent six months. You can't cherry-pick a block of six months that meets the requirements when other, more recent, months don't meet the requirements.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Ah ok thank you! I just wanted to make 100% sure!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Ok that extra pay was "backpay". Would that fall in the same category as overtime etc?
Old Feb 4th 2018, 8:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heinrich198
Ok that extra pay was "backpay". Would that fall in the same category as overtime etc?
IMO no, because the back pay relates to a prior period. It'd be the same as taking seven months pay and averaging it over six months, because that's exactly what it is!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 9:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

5.5.7 Overtime, payments to cover travel time (e.g. for a care worker travelling between appointments), commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the relevant period(s) prior to the date of application. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf