family visitor

Old Jun 8th 2016, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

mctee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default family visitor

Hie guys. I really need your help. I'm a south African(32yrs) and intend visiting my older brother who is working in the UK. I intend to sponcer my visit for 2 weeks. To show my tier to my home country I have gathered three property documents I own,marriage certificate,company documents that I run( company is my father's but I have provided proof that I am running it) including healthy bank statements(£15 000 running balance).my own personal bank statement has a balance of £3000. I also have a sworn affidavit by my father stating that in the event of my funds running short, he will help me out.
On my brothers part he has provided an invitation letter and proof that he will be able to accommodate me although the lease he provided is not in his name but his flatmate(will this be a problem)
With all the above,my question is do you think I might have missed or left something that could be crucial to my application. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 12:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family visitor

Originally Posted by mctee
Hie guys. I really need your help. I'm a south African(32yrs) and intend visiting my older brother who is working in the UK. I intend to sponcer my visit for 2 weeks. To show my tier to my home country I have gathered three property documents I own,marriage certificate,company documents that I run( company is my father's but I have provided proof that I am running it) including healthy bank statements(£15 000 running balance).my own personal bank statement has a balance of £3000. I also have a sworn affidavit by my father stating that in the event of my funds running short, he will help me out.
On my brothers part he has provided an invitation letter and proof that he will be able to accommodate me although the lease he provided is not in his name but his flatmate(will this be a problem)
With all the above,my question is do you think I might have missed or left something that could be crucial to my application. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I'm not an expert in this area, but I thought that given your nationality and the fact you're only staying for 2 weeks, you'd just need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview.

The only documents you need to provide for this visa are a valid passport and proof that you can support yourself for the length of your stay in the UK. If I'm missing something, and I may well be!, then someone else will be along to clarify/provide further information. Best of luck
Old Jun 9th 2016, 1:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi, I'm not an expert in this area, but I thought that given your nationality and the fact you're only staying for 2 weeks, you'd just need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview.

The only documents you need to provide for this visa are a valid passport and proof that you can support yourself for the length of your stay in the UK. If I'm missing something, and I may well be!, then someone else will be along to clarify/provide further information. Best of luck
Having the return flight booked would likely be enough.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

You will need a return ticket ( upon arrival) with the date two weeks later if you intend to visit for a holiday/tourism and family visit . You are correct, for the visa, in that you need to show ties to your home country and do not intend to stay in the UK. Plus as you are married and wife presumably back in SA that is good. Your role in your father's company and if it is salaried may be enquired into..
3K sounds fine for a two week stay, do you have credit card, or debit card as (assuming you get visa) at the border it may be asked how you will access the funds. They may ask what visa status your brother has and possibly check with him that you are there for a holiday and he will put you up. I presume he shares a flat or rents a room with his friend who has the lease? That may be an area of concern, so to be able to clarify the situation there would be good. Or the flatmate can write a letter of explanation as to their set up and give consent to host you as its his name on the lease.
On the other hand (on arrival) you may not be asked anything at all apart from the purpose of your visit which is holiday not business.
The affidavit may be over the top as the funds are sufficient. Do you have medical/travel insurance? that may be a visa requirement now in any case.
Anyway just going into lots of details but it sounds like you are well prepared so your visa application should be succesful.. good luck
Old Jun 11th 2016, 10:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Having the return flight booked would likely be enough.
South African citizens are visa nationals and as such are considered to be a higher risk than non-visa nationals so more is required than it would be for an Australian or Canadian looking for a visitor stamp at the border.

Originally Posted by angie_329
You will need a return ticket ( upon arrival) with the date two weeks later if you intend to visit for a holiday/tourism and family visit . You are correct, for the visa, in that you need to show ties to your home country and do not intend to stay in the UK. Plus as you are married and wife presumably back in SA that is good. Your role in your father's company and if it is salaried may be enquired into..
3K sounds fine for a two week stay, do you have credit card, or debit card as (assuming you get visa) at the border it may be asked how you will access the funds. They may ask what visa status your brother has and possibly check with him that you are there for a holiday and he will put you up. I presume he shares a flat or rents a room with his friend who has the lease? That may be an area of concern, so to be able to clarify the situation there would be good. Or the flatmate can write a letter of explanation as to their set up and give consent to host you as its his name on the lease.
On the other hand (on arrival) you may not be asked anything at all apart from the purpose of your visit which is holiday not business.
The affidavit may be over the top as the funds are sufficient. Do you have medical/travel insurance? that may be a visa requirement now in any case.
Anyway just going into lots of details but it sounds like you are well prepared so your visa application should be succesful.. good luck
Agreed, looks like the OP has prepared a strong application.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
South African citizens are visa nationals and as such are considered to be a higher risk than non-visa nationals so more is required than it would be for an Australian or Canadian looking for a visitor stamp at the border.
Cheers BiP