Family Member of an EEA National visa

Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Arkadius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Member of an EEA National visa

Hello

i am Polish citizen living in UK for 11 years.
I recently married Filipna and we want to apply for Family Member of an EEA National visa.
I wonder if there is anyone who went through the process and would like to give some advises to speed it up.
My wife want to change her passport to have my surname. But i will take 6-8 weeks.
Is it better to wait or can we go with visa application and change her passport from the UK?

Visa will be valid for 6 months, and within this time we have to apply for residence permit.
Do you know how long it take for Home Office to proceed?

Travel within EU. I wish to go to Poland for holiday. Do you know if my wife will be able to travel with me without problems? Visa in her passport will be enough?
Old Jun 25th 2017, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Member of an EEA National visa

Originally Posted by Arkadius
Hello

i am Polish citizen living in UK for 11 years.

I recently married Filipna and we want to apply for Family Member of an EEA National visa.
I wonder if there is anyone who went through the process and would like to give some advises to speed it up.
Your spouse will need to apply for an EEA Family Permit. Applications have usually been taking 4-6 weeks from what I've seen posted elsewhere.

My wife want to change her passport to have my surname. But i will take 6-8 weeks.
Is it better to wait or can we go with visa application and change her passport from the UK?
My wife and I have been married 10 years, and her passport's still in her maiden name having been renewed twice. I would suggest using her current passport and changing the name when it's time to renew the passport.

Visa will be valid for 6 months, and within this time we have to apply for residence permit.
Do you know how long it take for Home Office to proceed?
Your spouse will be applying for a UK Residence Card which takes approximately 6 months to get, but she'd be issued a Certificate of Application to show right-to-work until the RC is issued.

Travel within EU. I wish to go to Poland for holiday. Do you know if my wife will be able to travel with me without problems? Visa in her passport will be enough?
If she has the EEA FP (for UK) and a Schengen visa (for Poland) then she's likely to have less problems travelling with you.