Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The application assumes it is being completed by the applicant, i.e. your wife. The page above therefore refers to the applicant's spouse, i.e. you.

As you pointed out why ask for the same passport information twice.
Bless. Another coronary averted while filling in this b**** application

Erm - the question Will your spouse be travelling with you. He's going a couple of weeks before me, so I guess the answer's no? Just hope they don't take that to mean I'm planning to go before him.

And.....(shite, sorry) my husband's (sponsor's) passport - he has dual nationality, Brit and Oz, and has current passports for both. I'll need to put his Brit details in?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 8th 2015 at 4:11 am.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you put 'no' to him traveling with you. (He should be at the airport to meet you and have his mobile on in case the IO wants to check.)

You should put in his British passport details but I am wondering if you should also mention his other passport in the area where you can add extra information. Not sure about that.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 9:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Yes, you put 'no' to him traveling with you. (He should be at the airport to meet you and have his mobile on in case the IO wants to check.)

You should put in his British passport details but I am wondering if you should also mention his other passport in the area where you can add extra information. Not sure about that.
Thanks Michali, much appreciated
Old Oct 8th 2015, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Sorry Michali, I meant to add to my last post - there was a question a bit further along in the form which asked if he (sponsor) was also a national of any other country, so I put Australia in there. No further details were requested (ie Oz passport number) so I guess the UK isn't too worried about that.

Something else I discovered that I wasn't previously aware of, the form specifically asks if I am (or have ever been) a member of the judiciary, a government employee etc. I wonder why that's asked? Maybe those occupations are considered to be less of a security risk or something?

Anyway, I entered my 15 years of government employment. The thing that really struck me was that as well as the judiciary, govt. etc, the media was also an included occupation in this question. No idea what that's all about!
Old Oct 8th 2015, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds fine re dual nationality.

I don't know why they ask those questions but my husband entered his government history both here in the UK and in The Bahamas. He had quite a list of positions!
Old Oct 8th 2015, 3:39 pm
Concierge

That sounds fine re dual nationality.

I don't know why they ask those questions but my husband entered his government history both here in the UK and in The Bahamas. He had quite a list of positions!
At least they can't say they don't know anything about us - they just about know everything now

I've finished! Online application complete, visa fee paid, biometrics appointment this Wednesday, priority processing fee paid. Just have to do some photocopying now - sooooo glad to get all of that out of the way Thanks for your help Michali, and everyone else who helped me too.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know the feeling of relief! Will be even better when it is all posted! And even better when you get the visa!
Old Aug 9th 2016, 2:59 am
Just Joined

kalam is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Family Details Section on Spouse Visa Application

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thanks Michali, much appreciated
Hi I'm new this site can anyone help me i made mistakes on my online application by mistake put my father in law dob wrong and applied before result was refused but I declare she was refused only problem is wrong dob please help me
Old Aug 9th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

What was the reason for refusal? UKVI always write out the full reason for refusal. I cannot see that putting in the wrong DOB for your father in law would be the reason. Are you the applicant or sponsor?
Old Aug 9th 2016, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kalam
Hi I'm new this site can anyone help me i made mistakes on my online application by mistake put my father in law dob wrong and applied before result was refused but I declare she was refused only problem is wrong dob please help me
As michali indicated, more info is needed. I'm not sure what your question actually might be.

If you provide specifics, someone will likely be able to assist.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Shenu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I have a similar situation. I submitted my application at vfs. My address in spouse section is wrong
Everything else is right. Will it have a problem??
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Sairaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Details Section on visa application form

Hi,
Could anyone please reply for my query?
I am filling the VAF for myself and in the family section Spouse's passport number is required.My wife is not accompanying with me to UK, also she doesn't have a passport currently. What should I do now to move forward? Is it mandatory that my spouse has passport even though she is not accompanying with me? Will my Visa application be through if I leave that information blank?

I would highly appreciate your response
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Details Section on visa application form

Originally Posted by Sairaman
Hi,
Could anyone please reply for my query?
I am filling the VAF for myself and in the family section Spouse's passport number is required.My wife is not accompanying with me to UK, also she doesn't have a passport currently. What should I do now to move forward? Is it mandatory that my spouse has passport even though she is not accompanying with me? Will my Visa application be through if I leave that information blank?

I would highly appreciate your response
Is your wife currently living in the UK?
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:10 am
Just Joined

No. She is not living in the UK.
Thanks for your reply
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Family Details Section on visa application form

Thanks for your reply.
No. She is not living in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.