EU residence card or visa?

Old Jan 29th 2018, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all
Default EU residence card or visa?

My wife is a South African and I am Finnish. We have been living in Portugal for close to 4 years and we visit our kids in the UK once a year.

My wife has always only used her residency card and pp to enter the UK but not without flack from customs. We used EU regulations to win our argument.

We now wish to visit again but as Brexit is close, UK seems to be giving Brussels the middle finger. This means that my wife may need a visa.

Previously non EU members married to an EU spouse must get a visa free of charge and it must be expedited. They get to jump the queue over non EU tourists.
What is your opinion on this?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU residence card or visa?

Until it leaves in March 2019 the UK remains a member of the EU and subject to the same rules and regulations as it did before the referendum. Until then your wife can continue to visit the UK on her Article 10 residence card.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card
Old Jan 29th 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ukkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to allUkkram is a name known to all

Thanks B in P. Customs and Immigration are very arrogant and think they know it all by saying UK is not a member of the Schengen countries so she needs a visa.!!!!
This happens every time we go through customs and it takes 45 minutes of argument with management before they relent.
I will print that gov.uk doc out and just pass it over to them and say..."I rest my case".
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, you could do that, but it's probably not a good idea. Just present your wife's card and your marriage certificate. If it's queried just say it's an Article 10 residence card and therefore since you're travelling together she does not need an EEA Family Permit to visit the UK.