Email from [email protected] after 23 days of submission

Old Feb 10th 2018, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

rockaju is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Email from [email protected] after 23 days of submission

Hi all,

I have applied for settlement visa application on 04th jan 2018, Tls contact Paris with priority service. All my documents were scanned on the same day. And i received an email from TLS Contact (05 Jan 20180 that documents have been received by UKVI for processing.

I was not aware that UKVI,sheffield will send email when they receive the online application and supporting documents. I received an email from [email protected] on 06 Feb 2018( 23 workings days after submission) that they have received my online application at UK decision making centre and my application is currently being prepared for consideration by Entry Clearance Officer.

In the email its mentioned that if the documents were already scanned at the visa application centre, please ignore the request for documents.

I was very shocked after seeing this email. Why UKVI,sheffield didn't sent me the email after 23 working days? Does this email mean that ECO just received my documents for processing? I paid for priority service.

I called the UK visa immigration call centre to check about the documentation scanned. They told me that application is under processing(still waiting for decision) and asked me to call back next week( after 30 working days) if the decision is not made within 30 working days.

Do you think I received the general email by mistake?
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email from [email protected] after 23 days of submission

It's just an e-mail confirming they have received your documents. Yes it is several weeks after they received them, but they have hundreds a week to process so not all acknowledgements go out on time - some people have never received an acknowledgement!
Old Feb 10th 2018, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. So my application will be processed from 06 Feb? If thats the case then I have to wait for 30 more working days
Old Feb 11th 2018, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

londoner007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not necessarily, with priority they aim to process within 30 working days from date of Biometrics appointment. That email may have been intended to be sent to you weeks ago. Who knows they may already be sending you a decision next few days.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. I will wait for the email from UKVI. Biometrics taken on the same day at TLS contact.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

@sandiego girl and londonner007 : goodddd newsssss. My visa was granted. Today morning i received email from VAC that application ready for collection. I collected my passport.

I felt very happy after seeing the vignette and UKVI letter. My Visa valid from 21/02/18. In the letter, its says ' Your BRP will be available for collection from 28 Feb 2018'. Does it mean I cant collect before 28 feb?

Is it ok if i travel on the first day(21st Feb) of my visa or after 1/2 days from the starting date?
Old Feb 16th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

And also I have to collect BRP within 10 days upon arrival