EEA FP Refusal

Old Mar 17th 2017, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Oseh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA FP Refusal

hello everyone, am new here and i would really be happy if you can help me with regards to applying for a EEA FAMILY PERMIT i am currently living in spain with my wonderful wife and we intend to go to the uk next month am originally from ghana and meet my wife in 2013 and she has travelled to ghana 3 times beofer we got married in 2015 so i have now been in spain for almost 5 month with her and she wants me to accompany her to the uk to see her friend, my wife is currently not working here in spain and intends to go see her friend and once there she will be weighing her options weather to stay or not so now my question is should i state in the application form that i will be staying for 3 weeks or not as i cannot leave it blank also do i need to do the tb test or not...
Old Mar 17th 2017, 9:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA FP Refusal, very frustrating 3rd time. :( Please help

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Why do you think you qualify for an EEA family permit if you are from Ghana and have been in Spain for only 5 months?
Surely he needs to fulfill the SPANISH requirements for the permit, and he needs to be applying there.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: EEA FP Refusal, very frustrating 3rd time. :( Please help

yes i have been in spain for 5 months but am not ilegal here i have the spanish residence card valid for 5 years and we have been legally married since 2015...
Old Mar 18th 2017, 1:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA FP Refusal

Originally Posted by Oseh
hello everyone, am new here and i would really be happy if you can help me with regards to applying for a EEA FAMILY PERMIT i am currently living in spain with my wonderful wife and we intend to go to the uk next month am originally from ghana and meet my wife in 2013 and she has travelled to ghana 3 times beofer we got married in 2015 so i have now been in spain for almost 5 month with her and she wants me to accompany her to the uk to see her friend, my wife is currently not working here in spain and intends to go see her friend and once there she will be weighing her options weather to stay or not so now my question is should i state in the application form that i will be staying for 3 weeks or not as i cannot leave it blank also do i need to do the tb test or not...
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your posts into a new thread...that way it won't get bogged down in someone else's thread.
Old Mar 18th 2017, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

okay thanks
Old Mar 18th 2017, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that the EEA national is not currently working in Spain will have some influence on the whether the permit is granted or not. There does not appear to be any means of support for this couple.

Do you, the poster work at all?
Old Mar 19th 2017, 9:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming your wife is a Spanish citizen. Just put three weeks if that's your intended visit. If you decide to stay then it won't affect your right to do so. Your EEA Family Permit will be valid for six months. You shouldn't need to do a TB test. If you do decide to stay and your wife finds employment then you can both apply for an EEA residence certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-...icate/overview
Old Mar 19th 2017, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your comments really appreciate it @san Diegogirl no both of us aren't working at the moment but we are good at the moment soy wife wants to go see her friend in the UK and once there she will weigh her options to see if she can adapt there but the minimum number if weeks she intends to stay is 3 weeks, we have all our western union receipts dating from 5 years ago DHL receipts, wedding and all her holiday pictures when she comes to be with me in my country pictures of me and my friends also and our Facebook conversations also from the first 3 years we started communicating.. so do we have any chance as we have never applied for for a family permit before
Old Mar 19th 2017, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

@britinparis thanks soo much but given the fact that I have been here in Spain for 5 months and have the article 10 residence card do you think I have any chances of accompanying my wife?
Old Mar 19th 2017, 11:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

@britinparis thanks soo much but given the fact that I have been here in Spain for 5 months and have the article 10 residence card do you think I have any chances of accompanying my wife?
Your length of stay in Spain is irrelevant. You could have spent no time in Spain. It's the fact that you are the spouse of an EEA national which is the deciding factor.
Old Mar 20th 2017, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your length of stay in Spain is irrelevant. You could have spent no time in Spain. It's the fact that you are the spouse of an EEA national which is the deciding factor.
Thanks once again britinparis you have been very helpful really, my wife was married before and she is having her divorce certificate also do we need to show that also? If yes should it be translated too or is it only the marriage certificate that should be translated?
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:13 pm

Thanks once again britinparis you have been very helpful really, my wife was married before and she is having her divorce certificate also do we need to show that also? If yes should it be translated too or is it only the marriage certificate that should be translated?
Did you marry in Spain or Ghana? If you married in Spain then you can get a multilingual version of your marriage certificate from the Civil Registry. It's called a 'Fórmula B'. I shouldn't worry about your wife's previous marriage. She would have needed to show she was free to marry before she was able to marry you.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Did you marry in Spain or Ghana? If you married in Spain then you can get a multilingual version of your marriage certificate from the Civil Registry. It's called a 'Fórmula B'. I shouldn't worry about your wife's previous marriage. She would have needed to show she was free to marry before she was able to marry you.
No we got married in Ghana and it was registered in the Spanish embassy in dakar Senegal, also do we necessarily have to provide tickets that we will be travelling together or the cover letter alone from my wife is enough.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 10:36 pm

No we got married in Ghana and it was registered in the Spanish embassy in dakar Senegal, also do we necessarily have to provide tickets that we will be travelling together or the cover letter alone from my wife is enough.
If you married in Ghana then you'll need to provide the original Ghanaian marriage certificate with a certified English translation if it's not in English (although I presume it would be?)

Providing tickets to show you and your wife are travelling together is a good idea.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:42 am
Just Joined

If you married in Ghana then you'll need to provide the original Ghanaian marriage certificate with a certified English translation if it's not in English (although I presume it would be?)

Providing tickets to show you and your wife are travelling together is a good idea.
Okay thanks for your reply but the original marriage certificate is not with us because we have to register our marriage at the Spanish embassy in dakar senegal so it was endorsed there and we were given another document by the embassy to show that our marriage has been registered and the date and everything about our marriage was there and it was signed and stamped by the Spanish ambassador in dakar but that particular document is in Spanish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.