Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

Old Nov 4th 2015, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

ArabellaTurner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA Family Permit questions: Moving to London with Job Offer

Originally Posted by dzk
My main purpose is to live with my husband. I am just afraid of their misunderstanding my intention if I say I want to work
Are you planning to move to the UK permanently? In which case, I imagine a lot of people intend to work when they get there even if their main reason for going is to be with a partner.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

Please help me out today i recieved email from embassy regarding my eea family permit but i do not understand if its accepted or not here is the email
Dear Sir/Madam,

This email is to inform you that your application for UK visa has already been processed and your passport is ready for collection.

There are two methods of delivery of your passport:

1) You can collect it from Monday to Thursday at 3 pm (ONLY AT 3PM);
Please provide us with your full name and a pick up date by replying to this email.
IF YOU DO NOT INFORM US EARLIER ABOUT YOUR VISIT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT.
Kind Regards,
Visa Services
UKVI, British Embassy Warsaw

2) We can also send it back to you by courier services. To do so you will need to visit https://uk.tlscontact.com/pl/waw/page.php?pid=home

- create a new account using your application details, purchase the Return Courier Service (available under the Added Value Services) and finall
Kind Regards,
Visa Services
UKVI, British Embassy Warsaw
I couldnt copy completely but most of it here
Thank you
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds positive but you'll need to pick up your passport to be sure.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Adi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond reputeAdi008 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you britinparis
Old Nov 10th 2015, 8:47 pm
dzk
Just Joined

dzk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can a lawyer certify a document? Notary is very expensive in my country
Old Nov 12th 2015, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,
i have a question about resending passport through courier, as i have bought the resend by courier option through teleperformance will embassy will send me email to inform me that they have sent and give me any tracking code to track courier?
Im just confused as i dont know how these things work please help me out
Thank you
Old Nov 13th 2015, 2:27 pm
dzk
Just Joined

dzk is an unknown quantity at this point

They sent me this mail, I hope it helps you

You can check the status of your application in three ways:
TLScontact Website: login to your UK Visa Application Centre account
UK Visas & Immigration International Enquiry Service: local telephone numbers are available at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. Note this is a premium rate service run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact
UK Visas & Immigration International FAQ and Email Service: visit the UK Visas & Immigration FAQ and Email service at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ for further details. This service is run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact
Old Nov 18th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I have recieved my passport back and I got the EEA family permit. First of all my thanks to britinparis to helping me out and thanks to other also for helping me.
Have a good day all
Old Nov 19th 2015, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding about national insurance number uk,
As a eea permit holder am i eligible to apply for it?
Old Nov 20th 2015, 4:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can. You'll need to apply for your National Insurance number if you intend to work.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

You should also look at applying for your EEA residence card. This lasts for five years and acts as your proof of right to work and means you don't need to reapply for another EEA Family Permit if you leave the UK on holiday. Be aware however that it can take six months for your application to be processed and your passport will be held during this time so make sure you don't make any travel plans and you make a colour photocopy of your EEA Family Permit to demonstrate your right to live and work in the UK whilst it's being processed.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/
Old Nov 20th 2015, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

I heard from many people that in UK not much people like to hire who have EEA family permit, if i need to get nino do i need to show the docs showing im looking for work/already working?
do they issue permenant nino to me? because i heard temperory ones are not valid anymore in UK.
Thank you
Old Nov 21st 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Adi008
I heard from many people that in UK not much people like to hire who have EEA family permit, if i need to get nino do i need to show the docs showing im looking for work/already working?
do they issue permenant nino to me? because i heard temperory ones are not valid anymore in UK.
Thank you
An EEA residence card is better because it shows you can legally work for five years. In theory you could do the same on an EEA family permit even after it expires but most employers won't know this.

You'll need a NINO to work but holding a NINO doesn't given you permission to work. You'll only be issued with a 'permanent' NINO. You may need to attend an interview to show you have the right to work in the UK. This will be your EEA family permit or residence card.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply, can you help me out in this situation as im confused and stuck dont know what to do my situation is this below:
I and my wife want to travel to UK by bus because we have a yorkie dog and it's better for us to travel by bus. I have applied for residence card here more than 2 months ago almost 3 months still no decision made on it. I have stamp on my passport which says i applied for residence card.
Will this stamp and eea family permit is enough to travel to UK from Poland by bus?
or do i need to apply for another schengen visa to pass by other country borders?
Please help me out. Thank you for reading
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Adi008
Thanks for your reply, can you help me out in this situation as im confused and stuck dont know what to do my situation is this below:
I and my wife want to travel to UK by bus because we have a yorkie dog and it's better for us to travel by bus. I have applied for residence card here more than 2 months ago almost 3 months still no decision made on it. I have stamp on my passport which says i applied for residence card.
Will this stamp and eea family permit is enough to travel to UK from Poland by bus?
or do i need to apply for another schengen visa to pass by other country borders?
Please help me out. Thank you for reading
If you're already in the Schengen Area, i.e. Poland, then that should be fine.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

@Britinparis As i did some research yesterday about this it looks like i need schengen transit visa but again for me to get this is impossible because Germany embassy in Poland is not issuing this type of visa for some reason. If i'll be travelling through bus i'll pass through Germany, France probably through Belgium also, I dont want to be stuck any of these contries border as there refugee crisis going on.
Does my passport and eea family permit will be enough(sorry for asking same question again)? Marrying to a Pole gives me freedom to pass by other schengen country borders without any trouble and legally?
Thank you for reading

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.