Documents for spouse settlement visa

Old Jul 26th 2015, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

thewanderercds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documents for spouse settlement visa

Hi All,

I'm just finishing up my wife's settlement application and would like to check that we have all of the documents that we need to submit to be successful. We would like some input on whether we have enough or too many documents.

So far we have :

Mrs

cover letter
2 passports
ID card
House register
birth certificate
name change certificate
bank passbook
6 months bank statements
Diploma
marriage certificate
certificate of title change after marriage
certificate of name change after marriage
TB certificate
A1 certificate
letter from dad blessing relationship
copy of dads id card
Western union slips received when collecting the money I have sent since we met

(all docs not in English have been translated, translations attached)

Mr (sponsor)

cover letter
copy of passport
copy of visa stamps to see wife
2 years mortgage statements (joint with mother)
home insurance (joint with mother)
council tax bill (joint with mother)
virgin media bill
photos of bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dinning room and front of house
letter from mother confirming wife can stay in home

Skype video call log (extract)
Pictures from Skype video calls
Facebook messenger (extract)
FaceTime video call log (extract)
Pictures from FaceTime video calls
100 photos of us together in date order
photos of the registry office where we married
photos of the birthday gifts my family sent with me to give to my wife
first page of mine and my wife's facebook pages
2x airline tickets for internal flights my wife and I took
copies of emails for the western union payments I have sent to my wife since we met with the confirmation emails that the funds had been collected

Category F financials
letter from accountant stating monthly income is from £671 PAYE and the rest via director's loan account
CT603
CT600
email confirming CT600 submitted
CT620
printout from online banking showing corporation tax being paid (not due until April 2016)
registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House
AAT certificate for accountant
abbreviated accounts
directors report and financial statements
company bank statements for same period as CT600
A current Appointment Report from Companies House
VAT certificate
VAT return for the last full financial year
payslips for same period as CT600
P60
personal bank statements for same period as CT600
Dividend vouchers for same period as CT600

Any help would be welcomed, I haven't started writing the cover letters yet so any suggestions there would also be welcomed.

Many Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2015, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents for spouse settlement visa

At last I can help others. When you say house registry you mean titledeeds? Not an expert but your docs seem to be in order. I put them in two separate binders with tags between the category one for originals and one for copy, then copied the whole lot for ourselves to keep. This I believe made it much easier for them to process and by paying for priority (a fortune at $700) I got a decision in 24 hours. As for the cover letters we kept it to one page. My letter covered my brief history in UK as I was there before met OH years ago and then mentioned our relationship mainly and wanting to accompany him home on his retirement. His letter stated more practical matters, retiring, where we live and what funds we had available so as not to be a burden on taxpayers. BTW I also sent in 10 photos taken of our life together and a lot of them with family and friends to prove we were a true couple. Hope that helps. Good luck
Old Jul 26th 2015, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You risk overwhelming the ECO looking at your application!

You do not need:

Letter from Dad; copy of dad's ID; 100 photos (cut them down to a couple of dozen spaced out over the time your have known one another); photo of registry office; photo of birthday gifts; Facebook pages.

I believe your, now, wife had a visit visa refused quite recently and that you have not been married long, and you are trying very hard to prove the relationship - but don't go overboard.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I presume for your financial information, Appendix 2 is included? Are your bank statements and payslips originals? Or statements stamped by the bank? Or accompanied by an original bank letter?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would echo SanDiegogirl's comment regarding social media print-offs and photos. A handful adds some colour and helps to illustrate statements regarding your relationship history but overall they carry very little weight in the eyes of an ECO as they cannot be verified. Plus no ECO is going to be put in a favourable mood if they have to wade through your entire Skype history or your Facebook holiday photo albums.

You don't need any more than a dozen photos spread out over the course of your relationship, preferably containing several of you both with friends and family.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 10:57 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I would echo SanDiegogirl's comment regarding social media print-offs and photos. A handful adds some colour and helps to illustrate statements regarding your relationship history but overall they carry very little weight in the eyes of an ECO as they cannot be verified. Plus no ECO is going to be put in a favourable mood if they have to wade through your entire Skype history or your Facebook holiday photo albums.

You don't need any more than a dozen photos spread out over the course of your relationship, preferably containing several of you both with friends and family.
Glad to hear that, I have zero communication evidence as Scouse doesn't 'do' computers.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Glad to hear that, I have zero communication evidence as Scouse doesn't 'do' computers.
Don't you and Scouse live together? If so you would not need any communication records, only proof of having lived at the same address. If we had had to provide proof of communication, we would have failed as my OH does not 'do' communication much!
Old Jul 28th 2015, 8:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Don't you and Scouse live together? If so you would not need any communication records, only proof of having lived at the same address. If we had had to provide proof of communication, we would have failed as my OH does not 'do' communication much!
Couple of quaint old farts we have, Michali

We've been living together since mid 2008, and married since mid 2012. Hope our relationship evidence is ok - all the utilities etc are in his name. But we do have a private health policy together and the UK house title is in both our names. We have letters sent from government departments to us at our home address here, but to each of us individually rather than addressed to both of us.

Like you and your partner, we're going the savings route. I'm hoping that the above, plus the photos of our engagement and wedding with our families and friends, our passport histories that show 8 overseas trips together, and our marriage certificate will be enough to prove that our relationship is genuine
Old Jul 28th 2015, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmmm! Looks like a marriage of convenience to me! Only kidding! That looks fine! We just sent about fifteen photos going back to 1967! And some correspondence we had in both names but it is fine to have official correspondence sent to each of you at the same address, along with the other proof you have listed.