Documents needed for application?

Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Documents needed for application?

Sorry about starting another thread for supporting documents.

Head is spinning with what to include. I can't find a clear straight forward checklist on the Gov sites for a spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

Been reading this and so many threads.

I assume our marriage certificate needs to be translated.
Also what if any birth certificates do I need to include?
Mine(the sponsor/British husband) or my wife's certificate?

Reading this one the UK sponsor (husband included his birth certificate). Just a bit strange.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...s-list-852071/

Many thanks

Last edited by alfista1; Mar 31st 2015 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents needed for application?

Do I need to include my son's birth certificate?
The application form has his British passport number on it in a section.

Also I am using 6 months pay. I don't need to include bank statements do I?

Last edited by alfista1; Mar 31st 2015 at 10:30 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see a definitive list because people's situations are different and so different documents are required.

I believe you are applying under Cat A (6 months in employment). So as a minimum for your job proof you need to supply:

- 6 months payslips
- 6 month bank statements (originals or stamped by bank)
- letter of employment and/or contract of employment stating job title, when employed, and salary details.

You don't need to send your birth certificate but you do need to send full photocopy of your passport.

That list you have been looking at is pretty standard. The applicant was applying under savings and investments, hence he did not have to include employment evidence.

Evidence has to be provided for finances, accommodation and relationship.

Don't forget the hard copy of Appendix 2

You son is British is he not? - it's your wife you are applying for. So, no your son's birth certificate is not required. Your wife's is.

Everything you present is not in English (or Welsh) needs to be translated.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You don't see a definitive list because people's situations are different and so different documents are required.

I believe you are applying under Cat A (6 months in employment). So as a minimum for your job proof you need to supply:

- 6 months payslips
- 6 month bank statements (originals or stamped by bank)
- letter of employment and/or contract of employment stating job title, when employed, and salary details.

You don't need to send your birth certificate but you do need to send full photocopy of your passport.

That list you have been looking at is pretty standard. The applicant was applying under savings and investments, hence he did not have to include employment evidence.

Evidence has to be provided for finances, accommodation and relationship.

Don't forget the hard copy of Appendix 2

You son is British is he not? - it's your wife you are applying for. So, no your son's birth certificate is not required. Your wife's is.

Everything you present is not in English (or Welsh) needs to be translated.
Many thanks.

Why did this applicant include his kids birth certificates even though they have UK passports?
Old Apr 1st 2015, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Many thanks.

Why did this applicant include his kids birth certificates even though they have UK passports?
Probably as an additional proof of relationship to mum and dad. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Roy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm starting my paperwork in August need some help please!!

I have been working in my new job since January and will have my 6 months payslips by July.
I didn't pay tax last as I worked only for 5 months from April 2014 - June 2014 and earned £10000 so I didn't pay any tax last year. on my two months payslip for March 2014 and April 2014 I didn't pay any tax so does that affect my application?

My salary is over £18600 and how much savings do I need to show!

From my monthly salary how much can I spend - I'm asking this because a friend of mine done his application last year and told me the spendage needs to be minimum please help!!!!!

And do I need to show any savings?

Would appreciate any help

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roy05
Hi I'm starting my paperwork in August need some help please!!

I have been working in my new job since January and will have my 6 months payslips by July.
I didn't pay tax last as I worked only for 5 months from April 2014 - June 2014 and earned £10000 so I didn't pay any tax last year. on my two months payslip for March 2014 and April 2014 I didn't pay any tax so does that affect my application?

My salary is over £18600 and how much savings do I need to show!

From my monthly salary how much can I spend - I'm asking this because a friend of mine done his application last year and told me the spendage needs to be minimum please help!!!!!

And do I need to show any savings?

Would appreciate any help

Thanks
The 18,600 threshold is gross. It shouldn't matter if you are paying tax or not. The 10,000 tax free limit is out of our control.
Also there is no stipulation in regards to personal expenditure as far as I believe.

You will apply for Cat A, based on employment NOT savings.

Hope that helps. Think I got it right.
I'm gathering documents these days to send them over to my wife.
Hope the bank is open tomorrow as I need to get the 6 months statements (I think that is to prove that you are receiving the pay documented)

Old Apr 3rd 2015, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going back to Payslips.

I am including my payslips, bank statements, employment contract and initial offer of employment.

But do I also need to wait until 5th April and get a P60?
ALSO another letter from my company stating the payslips are original??
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

well my HR boss just responded and will get my p60 and letter confirming my payslips to me on Tuesday! Brilliant.

So hope to get everything sent to my wife Wed or Thursday. Then the week after the biometric test I hope.

As long as Barclays can get me the statements done tomorrow!
Old Apr 4th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barclays Bank statements all stamped and signed by Barclays this morning.

1 more thing to cross off the list
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

rukaHl6y is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I'm sponsering my husband. If im working and i dont meet 18,600 how do i add up my shortfall? I read that you have to have 16k plus my shortfall divided by 2.5 years,what do they mean? Do i have to have 16k in addition to just make up for the shortfall? And what do they mean by that 2.5 years thing? Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rukaHl6y
Hi. I'm sponsering my husband. If im working and i dont meet 18,600 how do i add up my shortfall? I read that you have to have 16k plus my shortfall divided by 2.5 years,what do they mean? Do i have to have 16k in addition to just make up for the shortfall? And what do they mean by that 2.5 years thing? Thank you
For example: If you earn 15,000 GBP per annum you are 3,600 GBP short.

Multiply the 3,600 by 2.5 (to cover the first two years of the spouse visa) = 9,000.

To that you add 16,000 GBP. Total = 25,000 GBP needed in savings.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

If someone gives me gives me savings for a gift and i keep it for 6 months in my account will they need prove of the sorce of money and how i got it? Do i have to keep it in my account for 2.5 years. Help much appreciated.☺
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rukaHl6y
If someone gives me gives me savings for a gift and i keep it for 6 months in my account will they need prove of the sorce of money and how i got it? Do i have to keep it in my account for 2.5 years. Help much appreciated.☺
Yes they need proof of how you got it and from where. The persons making the gift need to write a letter saying it is a gift and not a loan.

You don't need to keep it in your account for 2.5 years, but at the end of the 2.5 years you will once again need to prove you have 18,600 per annum income and/or savings to make up shortfall, if any.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.