Different processing times out of Australia

Old Sep 28th 2017, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different processing times out of Australia

Hi, just starting out on this process and wishing we'd done this 2 years ago!

Quick questions:

1) We will be applying from Adelaide. According to the processing rates (May 2017) on the gov.uk website Adelaide had a 100% rate for settlement visas at 30 days vs. 40%, if you search using Melbourne as location. One difference is that our documents need to be sent to Sydney, not to Sheffield (and there is no capacity to get documents scanned) Any got any experiences out of Adelaide?

2) Also worried about whether they actually do consider the intended date of travel - obviously this will be about 3 months from when we apply. Will the 30 days be from the date it is approved or do they actually look at the date we give. I don't want to have travel over earlier with three kids, if by some chance the processing times are quicker than we anticipate.

Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 7:51 am
Just Joined

KM2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Different processing times out of Australia

I was thinking the same about Adelaide but then I saw someone in Melbourne had theirs approved within 22 days at the same period so I figured it was probably just a glitch - I asked the same thing on here and everyone assured me they doubted it was different.

At my appointment I asked the VFS staff if there was any difference and she said no, once it leaves VFS all the 'Australia' applications are in the same queue.

I have processed mine as priority in Brisbane, and the application was processed yesterday. Biometrics were 7 August, but a tech glitch meant we had to resubmit supporting documents on 28 August. I'm told we didn't lose our place in the queue. We did escalate our case about a week ago though - just after day 30 I think.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Different processing times out of Australia

Good to know -- will be interested to hear how long it takes for passport to arrive and see when your 30 days commence to picking up your BRP.

The interesting thing is that VFS don't operate in Hobart or Adelaide.