Destroyed British passport

Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

MarieEAPz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Destroyed British passport

Years ago my son destroyed my British passport, I need to get home to Scotland asap as my older brother is very ill & has less than a yr to live, does anyone know what steps I need to take in order to expedite the process of getting a new one.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Destroyed British passport

Originally Posted by MarieEAPz
Years ago my son destroyed my British passport, I need to get home to Scotland asap as my older brother is very ill & has less than a yr to live, does anyone know what steps I need to take in order to expedite the process of getting a new one.
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to one of our UK forums. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 10:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Destroyed British passport

Are you applying from? If you're applying from outside the UK you'll need to start here.

www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

If your passport is both destroyed and likely expired several years ago the chances are you'll be waiting at least several weeks for a replacement.

Do you hold another passport? If you don't need a visa with that passport you can usually visit the UK for up to 90 days.

The other alternative is an Emergency Travel Document. This would allow you to come back to the UK and apply for a replacement full passport at a leisurely pace. However it is a more costly solution.

https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document