Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Of course i have 'parental rights' i am the father after all, and i am 'listed' on his local Chinese birth certificate and his British one.

but they already know that when i sent my application to them on the 27th of march... so i don't know wtf they are on about now.

im just gonna type some bollocks and sign it with another photocopy of my passport.... they're extremely pissing me right off. (feel like knocking them all out)
I read somewhere that if you are applying on behalf of your child you must include a letter declaring you have parental responsibility. I tried looking for it but couldnt find that info. Checking the passport application declaration it states "i here by declare blah blah" then one of those declarations is you have parental respons for the little 1. So you already declared it when you signed so sure does seem like a delay tactic.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Yeah I actually told the lady from the embassy about that exact situation, and she said as far as she has knows that it can be arranged as the beijing embassy have done so in the past. She said she would contact the Liverpool office on my behalf and if they didn't resolve the issue she would begin the application for ETD for my son. And I would need to come with my wife and son to begin the process.
I hope it can work out and will def keep you posted should I have to go down that route.

As for the Liverpool office, I haven't received any response both from them or my MP.
My only guess is that they are investigating how documents could go missing and why the application isn't in their system.
I'm hoping they'll contact me soon and I can move forward from there.

Well good luck. hopefully they can pull it off for you. Defo keep us updated with this.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:21 pm
JLA
Just Joined

JLA is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted the Liverpool number, a few people on a forum who were applying from the UK said that they got through on it. It might depend on the time of day. When I asked my consulate they said that they can issue ETDs for children who haven't had a passport before but only in exceptional circumstances and a sick relative was not enough (!)
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

smithc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLA
I posted the Liverpool number, a few people on a forum who were applying from the UK said that they got through on it. It might depend on the time of day. When I asked my consulate they said that they can issue ETDs for children who haven't had a passport before but only in exceptional circumstances and a sick relative was not enough (!)
I've spoken to the Liverpool team. The guys who pick up the call are rude. Insist that you want to speak to their manager. The managers will give you the whole story of your passport.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kenya
Hi Muheza,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been offline for a couple of weeks. Still nothing. How about you? My application was received by them on 31st December, so over 20 weeks now.
Hi kenya, sorry i haven't been online for a while either, i have been asked to attend an interview with my kid. Have been waiting almost 16 weeks now. Hoping this wait to be over now. Its taken too long. All plans of travelling have been cancelled. Completely stranded!! Were you asked to attend an interview?
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLA
I'll try that number again on Friday and hope someone answers. Will they allow the call to proceed if it is an OS application?
The beijing consulate suggested that the situation I was in would qualify for an ETD application, considering that my passport application could be potentially lost, that me and my wife have a job to go to abroad, my visa is expiring and I would not be able to leave my son behind as I have no family here.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Also just to keep it bumped the number JLA provided for the Liverpool office
0845 601 2058

Also I just found this number for the Liverpool office too, it was in the comments section for their official facebook page.
0845 601 5107

And yes a lot of people complaining, and venting. Including me!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Razakhtar
Also just to keep it bumped the number JLA provided for the Liverpool office
0845 601 2058

Also I just found this number for the Liverpool office too, it was in the comments section for their official facebook page.
0845 601 5107

And yes a lot of people complaining, and venting. Including me!
Finally got through to the Liverpool office using the number Posted. Had to wait for 35 mins before someone answered.

Spoke to a lady Mhari who not only found my sons application but confirmed it had been processed and sent yesterday. She told me the name of the office manager who processed it. Mrs C.Gallon

She said it would take 7-10 working days to arrive but guessed it would probably be quicker.

Do I feel sense of relief? No
While I know that my application is def not lost now there were still some failings that made me question how genuine this was....

1) she said for security reasons she couldn't give me a reference number. Why?
2) if the passport had really been processed and sent why have I not been contacted by anyone?

As happy as I should feel, I don't ...in fact I call BS.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:04 pm
JLA
Just Joined

JLA is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be happy if I were you. When my daughter's passport was renewed, we weren't informed, we just got a text from dhl informing us about a parcel. I had a reference number because I had applied online but the tracker was still saying 'application received, processing' when we had the passport in hand! It only changed to dispatched the next day.
From what I can gather online, the people actually working in the Passport Office are true to their word as they have access to a lot more information than the advice line. If they say that it is dispatched I would imagine you will get it fairly soon.

Last edited by JLA; Jun 6th 2014 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

I still don't understand why some applications are going to Liverpool when ours clearly said to send to Durham. Do different offices handle different countries' applications?
Old Jun 6th 2014, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
I still don't understand why some applications are going to Liverpool when ours clearly said to send to Durham. Do different offices handle different countries' applications?
Yes.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

So this is basically a problem in the Liverpool office, not necessarily across the board... and that's probably why some people are having no insane delays and others practically have cases against HMPO. Okay, NOW it makes more sense. Thank you Dashie!
Old Jun 6th 2014, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
So this is basically a problem in the Liverpool office, not necessarily across the board... and that's probably why some people are having no insane delays and others practically have cases against HMPO. Okay, NOW it makes more sense. Thank you Dashie!
There was a short period of time where you had to post your application directly to the office, most international applications went to Liverpool during this period of time.

That particular office got overwhelmed, as even uk passports are taking longer then 3 weeks. Glad I found the right number in the end.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian applications have all been going to Durham for quite a while now. Their estimated time last time I looked was at least 12 weeks. I think they're all struggling to be honest.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dashie
Canadian applications have all been going to Durham for quite a while now. Their estimated time last time I looked was at least 12 weeks. I think they're all struggling to be honest.

I just got ours back from the Durham office, it was between 5-6 weeks from start to finish for us. We were all first time applicants too which was a surprise to get done so fast... (mine was a renewal of my old UK blue one actually but was told that they treat it like a first time applicant apparently.) My kids were born in Canada. I was expecting to be called in for an interview as I was told by the passport office that, especially first time applicants overseas they do ask to see people at times, this is usually done at the nearest embassy or another location close to where you live, they told me.

I feel lucky that we didn't have any issues and I hope that everyone on here gets sorted out just as quickly. Lets hope so!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.