Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:24 pm   #16
Premium Member
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 8,195
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
And if there isn't time for that? Ours would be on a Canadian passport so no visa requirement.
Then it would be at the discretion of the Immigration Officer. Many posters have had no problems doing just that but you would be advised to have the relevant paperwork to hand (birth/marriage certificates) just in case.
BritInParis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:17 am   #17
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hi ,
I sent my son's first british passport application from kenya in february 2014 to Durham, the website indicates atleast 12weeks process time. I have sent my british passport as per requirement. I had called them to track the application but they require a reference number from the application form to track. I didnt see any reference number on the application form. Did anyone of you see any ref number on the application? Pls advice
Thankyou
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:32 am   #18
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muheza View Post
Hi ,
I sent my son's first british passport application from kenya in february 2014 to Durham, the website indicates atleast 12weeks process time. I have sent my british passport as per requirement. I had called them to track the application but they require a reference number from the application form to track. I didnt see any reference number on the application form. Did anyone of you see any ref number on the application? Pls advice
Thankyou
1: You didn't need to send them your passport... a color photocopy would be enough....

2: Why didn't you register your son at the British embassy? because he would get a consular Birth Certificate... which would have made the process gone even faster not 12 weeks per say.

4: There is no Application Number on overseas passport applications... because you me and everyone else have to print them off and send to liverpool/durham etc i phoned up recently to check the statues of my sons application... and she told me they all have tracking numbers (which is utter bull) because its a printed form for gods sake lol no barcode on it at all... she was dreaming that day no doubt....
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:54 am   #19
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
1: You didn't need to send them your passport... a color photocopy would be enough....

2: Why didn't you register your son at the British embassy? because he would get a consular Birth Certificate... which would have made the process gone even faster not 12 weeks per say.

4: There is no Application Number on overseas passport applications... because you me and everyone else have to print them off and send to liverpool/durham etc i phoned up recently to check the statues of my sons application... and she told me they all have tracking numbers (which is utter bull) because its a printed form for gods sake lol no barcode on it at all... she was dreaming that day no doubt....
Well i did send my passport thinking it would be faster. I have registered my son at the british embassy. Without the reference number i cant even get my passport back as they cant track! I really need to travel in may 2014. Jus hope it comes back on time!!
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:58 am   #20
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muheza View Post
Well i did send my passport thinking it would be faster. I have registered my son at the british embassy. Without the reference number i cant even get my passport back as they cant track! I really need to travel in may 2014. Jus hope it comes back on time!!
ok so? if you did register him then you got a 'consular birth certificate' yes ? and you sent it with the application?
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:06 am   #21
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
ok so? if you did register him then you got a 'consular birth certificate' yes ? and you sent it with the application?
Yes, i got the certificate and sent it with the application.
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:09 am   #22
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Strange... it shouldn't take this long with a copy of your passport and his consular birth certificate.. like someone said there is a 'backlog' at the moment.. but you sent yours in February, i would raise hell if i was you find out what the hell is going on, when you do call them they always require a number yes? you need to investigate this.
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:32 am   #23
37100 Female
Concierge
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Verona/ Nr Turin
Posts: 4,281
37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
Strange... it shouldn't take this long with a copy of your passport and his consular birth certificate.. like someone said there is a 'backlog' at the moment.. but you sent yours in February, i would raise hell if i was you find out what the hell is going on, when you do call them they always require a number yes? you need to investigate this.
Different circumstances for me, but I'm in the Durham passport queue for a replacement passport. Time given; at least 6wks. Application received 4th Feb. Appeared on system 10th Feb. Spoke to a processing officer last Thurs - there was a barcode with the number on the form I sent off. My application is nearing the top of the queue and could be done next week. If not, after Easter.

After years of boasting how quick and easy bureaucracy is in the UK compared to Italy, it's pay back time.

Last edited by 37100; Apr 12th 2014 at 11:44 am.
37100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:38 am   #24
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
Strange... it shouldn't take this long with a copy of your passport and his consular birth certificate.. like someone said there is a 'backlog' at the moment.. but you sent yours in February, i would raise hell if i was you find out what the hell is going on, when you do call them they always require a number yes? you need to investigate this.
What do u mean by "they require a number"? And how do i investigate... as they cant do anything without a reference number. I called them up this morning and said they cant help me if i dont hav a ref number and it takes minimum 12 weeks. Its around 7 weeks since the application was received.
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:02 pm   #25
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muheza View Post
What do u mean by "they require a number"? And how do i investigate... as they cant do anything without a reference number. I called them up this morning and said they cant help me if i dont hav a ref number and it takes minimum 12 weeks. Its around 7 weeks since the application was received.
Every time i call.... the woman/man always say to me 'give me the application number' but they FAIL to realise!.... its an overseas British passport application... where you print off the forms (or do it online for certain countries) at the end of the day 'THEY DO NOT HAVE A BAR CODE NUMBER' How this man/woman on the phones get a job there is beyond me stupidity at it's finest... you would of thought you can give them your DHL or whatever post service you used tracking number to them... because a bar code number does not exist on overseas applications... and yet they believe they do 0_o i mean what the hell...??!

Must be another way to 'chase' this without a ref number you and me and everyone else who do a overseas application must have a way to check our progress......



Quote:
Originally Posted by 37100 View Post
Different circumstances for me, but I'm in the Durham passport queue for a replacement passport. Time given; at least 6wks. Application received 4th Feb. Appeared on system 10th Feb. Spoke to a processing officer last Thurs - there was a barcode with the number on the form I sent off. My application is nearing the top of the queue and could be done next week. If not, after Easter.

After years of boasting how quick and easy bureaucracy is in the UK compared to Italy, it's pay back time.
You sent yours to durham? which country are you in now? i had to send mine off to Liverpool Via DHL

Here is the time estimate


- Sent off Application March 31st (China)
- Application arrived in Liverpool April 2nd
- Payment Taken April 3rd

Like last week the woman on the phone said to me i should have the passport by 25th of April max 4th of may.... but i call BS on that. i need to leave china by august for gods sake.

But you claim there was a 'barcode' you did yours online? because some countries (china) for example and a few others require you to print them off and send to Liverpool via DHL (no barcode on them)
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:25 pm   #26
37100 Female
Concierge
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Verona/ Nr Turin
Posts: 4,281
37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Italy. I'm in Italy. We have to send them to Durham. It will be at least 12 wks before I get my passport.

You can only apply on line from here, too, but on the Declaration Form, which I made a copy of, there is a barcode with a number under it. I printed this off and sent it with the required docs. etc. to Durham. Probably why the call centre said your's should have one. Obviously, not all applications do and they don't know this. The calls centres can only see the same information I can see when I log in using the Username and Password I saved when completing the on line application. However, after loads of calls they put me through to a processing office who said that they were inundated with applications.

If anyone needs a direct number for Durham p.m. me and I'll pass on the number another member of BE gave me.

Last edited by 37100; Apr 12th 2014 at 1:10 pm.
37100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:36 am   #27
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
Strange... it shouldn't take this long with a copy of your passport and his consular birth certificate.. like someone said there is a 'backlog' at the moment.. but you sent yours in February, i would raise hell if i was you find out what the hell is going on, when you do call them they always require a number yes? you need to investigate this.
Any luck? No luck for me yet!!
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:48 am   #28
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muheza View Post
Any luck? No luck for me yet!!
Nada! zilch! 0 notin nothing!!!!!!

I'll wait till the 4th of may, and nothing by then... gonna phone up! and if that doesn't solve anything then im gonna send the family down there and see whats going on.
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:57 am   #29
Muheza 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexcore View Post
Nada! zilch! 0 notin nothing!!!!!!

I'll wait till the 4th of may, and nothing by then... gonna phone up! and if that doesn't solve anything then im gonna send the family down there and see whats going on.
You think you will get any replies from them on the phone?..because when i called they told me they cant help me with anything without the reference number. I want to call but i know i will get the same reply! Cant figure out what to do.
Muheza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th 2014, 12:02 pm   #30
Looking Around~
 
Vexcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,459
Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muheza View Post
You think you will get any replies from them on the phone?..because when i called they told me they cant help me with anything without the reference number. I want to call but i know i will get the same reply! Cant figure out what to do.
Same... but im gonna explain to them!

OVERSEAS PASSPORT APPLICATIONS DO NOT HAVE A FKING REF NUMBER

If you printed the forms off.. THEY DON'T HAVE ONE


Angry Angry lol
__________________
http://britishexpats.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic199312_1.gif
Patriotism comes from the heart.
Vexcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 1:35 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com