Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 21st 2014, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

ScottishPaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

All,

I have heard nothing from Liverpool passport Office but got an email from my MP stating that they called him and that my sons passport was issued today. :O

Oh god now I need to vote for Independance and condemn my country to a Banana Republic [with no Bananas!!].......
Old May 21st 2014, 2:14 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottishPaul
All,

I have heard nothing from Liverpool passport Office but got an email from my MP stating that they called him and that my sons passport was issued today. :O

Oh god now I need to vote for Independance and condemn my country to a Banana Republic [with no Bananas!!].......
Issued? well lets see if that's 'True or a load of old bollocks'

keep us posted man!
Old May 21st 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Razakhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Issued? well lets see if that's 'True or a load of old bollocks'

keep us posted man!
I'm now pretty much at 9 weeks now and still no news.
Will email my mp tomorrow and try to call again.
Disgraceful!
Old May 22nd 2014, 10:31 am
Just Joined

No news from HMPO again today.

I will keep up the fight. I suggest we all email the head of HMPO and let him know the challenges we have faced '<<snip>>'.

Also David Cameron should understand that he is not exactly winning the expat vote, lets help him know https://email.number10.gov.uk/

Last night I also couriered a letter to the Queen demanding that she remove the "Her Mayesty's" endorsement of the service. thats was possibly the most pointless waste of time and money but felt good

We should not put up with this crap, evey day we endure this should motivate us to force these pencil pushers to fix the problem!!

Mad as hell

Paul

Last edited by Sue; May 22nd 2014 at 11:52 am. Reason: email address. Please don't post other peoples email addresses on a pubic forum. Thanks
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:06 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep up the fight. I suggest we all email the head of HMPO and let him know the challenges we have faced '<<snip>>'.

Also David Cameron should understand that he is not exactly winning the expat vote, lets help him know https://email.number10.gov.uk/

Last night I also couriered a letter to the Queen demanding that she remove the "Her Mayesty's" endorsement of the service. thats was possibly the most pointless waste of time and money but felt good

We should not put up with this crap, evey day we endure this should motivate us to force these pencil pushers to fix the problem!!

Mad as hell

Paul
Just wrong isn't it man? 'we as British born citizens..' should come first not taken the piss..... when im back (if i get the passport..) I'm not letting this slide....
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Mad as hell

Paul
Can't wait for the next general election!
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Just wrong isn't it man? 'we as British born citizens..' should come first not taken the piss..... when im back (if i get the passport..) I'm not letting this slide....
Good Luck!! I recommend googling and emailing everyone you can think of as I just got the below email from a guy in the Parlamentary Diplomatic Enquiries Team. Not sure which of my emails got through but I suspect it was my MP and my letter to head of HMPO. Or perhaps it was the one to the Queen . I follow up and requested the DHL ref so I can have a view on timing as DHL to China is 3 days tops.

"Your enquiry has been escalated to me to deal with. I have today contacted the Liverpool office dealing with your son's application and they told me that our processes have now been completed.
The passport was issued yesterday, printed last night and will be picked up by DHL during the course of today. I have been told that the guidance for customers is that DHL usually deliver to China in around 10-working days, but experience tells us that it can often be quicker than that. As we have no influence over this part of the process however, I cannot guarantee this."

Good Luck to all of you and lets not let this this failure go unheard!

Paul
Old May 22nd 2014, 1:24 pm
Looking Around~

Good Luck!! I recommend googling and emailing everyone you can think of as I just got the below email from a guy in the Parlamentary Diplomatic Enquiries Team. Not sure which of my emails got through but I suspect it was my MP and my letter to head of HMPO. Or perhaps it was the one to the Queen . I follow up and requested the DHL ref so I can have a view on timing as DHL to China is 3 days tops.

"Your enquiry has been escalated to me to deal with. I have today contacted the Liverpool office dealing with your son's application and they told me that our processes have now been completed.
The passport was issued yesterday, printed last night and will be picked up by DHL during the course of today. I have been told that the guidance for customers is that DHL usually deliver to China in around 10-working days, but experience tells us that it can often be quicker than that. As we have no influence over this part of the process however, I cannot guarantee this."

Good Luck to all of you and lets not let this this failure go unheard!

Paul

you too man! let me know if you do get the passport!

Can you pm me the emails you use? to 'mither them'

cheers m8.
Old May 23rd 2014, 3:50 am
Just Joined

dan455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a while, I actually got my baby girls passport last Monday, so in the end it was sent off on March 10th, received 12th, payment taken 13th ( around those dates, cant remember exactly ), then finally received on 12th May! Now I'm just waiting for the supporting documents lol, don't know why they take so long, but they're quite important... my babys birth certificate, my parents birth certificates and marriage certificates ( the originals from years and years ago... ) called them to ask and they said they cant track anything, but they're definitely on their way apparently... good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:28 am
Just Joined

kabbage is an unknown quantity at this point

I just read this thread and it sounds really frustrating.

I'm a British citizen living in the USA with my US citizen husband. We are expecting our first child and are planning to move to the UK soon after the baby is born. The baby will be entitled to dual nationality so I thought we would get the US birth certificate then apply for a UK passport then get a US passport later when we plan to visit the USA. After reading this thread it sounds like we will be stuck in the USA for a very long time waiting for the passport. I'm wondering if we would be better off just applying for the baby's US passport and taking him to the UK on that - will we be able to get him through immigration?

I just checked the expected wait times for the UK passport and it says at least 10 weeks. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...ying/child/usa
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Just posted a reply and it's disappeared...
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:41 am
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by dan455
Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a while, I actually got my baby girls passport last Monday, so in the end it was sent off on March 10th, received 12th, payment taken 13th ( around those dates, cant remember exactly ), then finally received on 12th May! Now I'm just waiting for the supporting documents lol, don't know why they take so long, but they're quite important... my babys birth certificate, my parents birth certificates and marriage certificates ( the originals from years and years ago... ) called them to ask and they said they cant track anything, but they're definitely on their way apparently... good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Legend man!

So they actually delivered to your 'Chinese address' then ? so it took 2 months roughly for you... i'll be approaching '2 months' by the end of this week....

Originally Posted by kabbage
Just posted a reply and it's disappeared...

Hmmm?
Post it again!
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:46 am
Just Joined

.... ok that seems to have worked, I'll try remember what I wrote and post again...

I'm a UK citizen living in the USA with my US citizen husband. We are expecting our first child and are in the process of relocating to the UK. By the looks of things the baby will arrive before we are able to move. Since the baby will be entitled to both US and UK citizenship I thought we would just get a UK passport for him for now so it would be easier to enter the UK but after reading this thread it sounds like a bad idea! Also I checked the processing times and it says 'at least 10 weeks'. Would the UK let the baby in on a US passport? Do I need to register his birth with the UK embassy in the US?
Old May 23rd 2014, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

.... ok that seems to have worked, I'll try remember what I wrote and post again...

I'm a UK citizen living in the USA with my US citizen husband. We are expecting our first child and are in the process of relocating to the UK. By the looks of things the baby will arrive before we are able to move. Since the baby will be entitled to both US and UK citizenship I thought we would just get a UK passport for him for now so it would be easier to enter the UK but after reading this thread it sounds like a bad idea! Also I checked the processing times and it says 'at least 10 weeks'. Would the UK let the baby in on a US passport? Do I need to register his birth with the UK embassy in the US?
Take some paperwork with you (the same you would for his passport application) and be prepared to do some talking at immigration. If you can prove that he is a citizen then (I think) they are not legally allowed to refuse entry even without a UK passport.
As for registering his birth at the UK embassy - this would give you a consular birth certificate which would probably help with entry to the UK.
Old May 23rd 2014, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

You will be fine. Baby can enter the UK on US passport visa free. Once in UK then she is just another UK citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_re...tates_citizens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.