Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They will ask to do one in time if required. The minimum processing time is eight months so your cousin hasn't even reached that point yet.
Hey once again thank you for your reply. Just have to be patient.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maryoma
The reason is I got invited before the examination process reach to it's final stage.
Just have to have patient not alot more we can do.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

"I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Belfast Passport Office on the 29/08/2018. Your passport application is currently going through the examination process"
This is the same reply for the last 7months.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 5:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They will ask to do one in time if required. The minimum processing time is eight months so your cousin hasn't even reached that point yet.
Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Hey once again thank you for your reply. Just have to be patient.
"I can confirm that your passport application was received by the Belfast Passport Office on the 29/08/2018. Your passport application is currently going through the examination process"
This is the same reply for the last 7months.
I see your patience lasted only two days

BiP has given you the minimum processing time (which is currently 8 months), and given the application was received on 29/8 which is only 6 1/2 months ago, you may need to develop your patience level further. I would suggest not continually asking for status updates, let the processing staff process applications and not reply to emails, and wait at least another 6 weeks before expecting any answer - and probably a bit longer.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I see your patience lasted only two days

BiP has given you the minimum processing time (which is currently 8 months), and given the application was received on 29/8 which is only 6 1/2 months ago, you may need to develop your patience level further. I would suggest not continually asking for status updates, let the processing staff process applications and not reply to emails, and wait at least another 6 weeks before expecting any answer - and probably a bit longer.
Oh ok so it's best not to email them to much?
And yes thank you for your
sarcastic reply who ever you are. And it's bein over 7months.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok so it's best not to email them to much?
And yes thank you for your
sarcastic reply who ever you are. And it's bein over 7months.
Still well within the timescales quoted - BIP said *minimum* 8 months, and told you previously that 12 months should be expected.

Constantly emailing them for updates will just slow things down, for everybody. Seems a bit pointless to me unless you've gone over the expected timescale.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Still well within the timescales quoted - BIP said *minimum* 8 months, and told you previously that 12 months should be expected.

Constantly emailing them for updates will just slow things down, for everybody. Seems a bit pointless to me unless you've gone over the expected timescale.
Oh ok thank you. I didn't even relise it would slow down the process by emailing them.the unrest has bein becuse they has
Bein zero contact from hmpo from the day of application.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 4:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok thank you. I didn't even relise it would slow down the process by emailing them.
The more time they spend replying to emails, the less they will spend on actually processing applications.

the unrest has bein becuse they has
Bein zero contact from hmpo from the day of application.
Why do you expect contact? It's a good sign IMO that you haven't heard anything yet.

I know it's easier said than done, but all you can do is be patient. You're not even up to 8 months yet (the stated processing time) and as BIP has already said, you've got various complications with your application that are likely to mean a longer processing time. You may not hear a thing for another 5 months if BIP is right (and he ALWAYS is!). So just sit tight and be as patient as poss.

Good luck.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

The more time they spend replying to emails, the less they will spend on actually processing applications.

Why do you expect contact? It's a good sign IMO that you haven't heard anything yet.

I know it's easier said than done, but all you can do is be patient. You're not even up to 8 months yet (the stated processing time) and as BIP has already said, you've got various complications with your application that are likely to mean a longer processing time. You may not hear a thing for another 5 months if BIP is right (and he ALWAYS is!). So just sit tight and be as patient as poss.

Good luck.
Hey thank you for your reply again.
Due to the various complications, befor the passport application we applied and recived a home office status letter after 6months they stated he's a British citizen. They only used 3 documents to issue the status letter.
1.partents marriage certificate
2.fathers citizenship certificate
3.hes birth certificate

They told us to send all 3 documents with the passport application.
So we sent all 3 with the ips notication and other supporting documents.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hey thank you for your reply again.
Due to the various complications, befor the passport application we applied and recived a home office status letter after 6months they stated he's a British citizen. They only used 3 documents to issue the status letter.
1.partents marriage certificate
2.fathers citizenship certificate
3.hes birth certificate

They told us to send all 3 documents with the passport application.
So we sent all 3 with the ips notication and other supporting documents.
BIP has already told you that the letter isn’t likely to make any difference to processing time though.
Old Mar 17th 2018, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

BIP has already told you that the letter isn’t likely to make any difference to processing time though.
Ok so did we waste our money and time in getting this letter?
Old Apr 1st 2018, 9:17 am
Just Joined

FlyingHorse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zhaman
Has anyone applied passports for there children living in Pakistan? Please can some one tell me how long it can take to get a British passport
We recently got our child's First British Passport. I am sharing the information for others for help.

Facts: Child's mother is a born British Citizen living in Pakistan after marriage since 2012.
-Baby was born in Lahore, Pakistan
-Applied for Passport from Lahore, Pakistan

Timeline: Baby Born in last week of October 2017.
Applied for British Passport on: 12th Jan - 2018
Were asked for additional documents on: 31st Jan -2018
Additional Documents Submitted: 12th Feb 2018
Were asked for an Interview: 1st March 2018
Interview conducted in Lahore on: 8th March 2018
Got a call from Lahore office that our Passport is ready for pickup: 27th March 2018
Picked Passport: 28th March 2018

It took less than 2 and a half months whereas it states minimum 6 months for First British Passport applied from Pakistan. I was in a positive shock when we got the call that passport is ready. I think it was luck purely but on the other hand we made sure to include all necessary documents and actually delayed our application for couple of weeks just in order to prepare for some additional documents like NICOP which otherwise wasn't considered necessary.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Maryoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FlyingHorse
We recently got our child's First British Passport. I am sharing the information for others for help.

Facts: Child's mother is a born British Citizen living in Pakistan after marriage since 2012.
-Baby was born in Lahore, Pakistan
-Applied for Passport from Lahore, Pakistan

Timeline: Baby Born in last week of October 2017.
Applied for British Passport on: 12th Jan - 2018
Were asked for additional documents on: 31st Jan -2018
Additional Documents Submitted: 12th Feb 2018
Were asked for an Interview: 1st March 2018
Interview conducted in Lahore on: 8th March 2018
Got a call from Lahore office that our Passport is ready for pickup: 27th March 2018
Picked Passport: 28th March 2018

It took less than 2 and a half months whereas it states minimum 6 months for First British Passport applied from Pakistan. I was in a positive shock when we got the call that passport is ready. I think it was luck purely but on the other hand we made sure to include all necessary documents and actually delayed our application for couple of weeks just in order to prepare for some additional documents like NICOP which otherwise wasn't considered necessary.
Congratulations, submitted my application July 2017.frustrated, with 22 documents, not a sign of progress so far.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:52 am
Just Joined

FlyingHorse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maryoma
Congratulations, submitted my application July 2017.frustrated, with 22 documents, not a sign of progress so far.
No communication from Home office? Did you try calling their helpline?
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Maryoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FlyingHorse
No communication from Home office? Did you try fcalling their helpline?
I was told to stop calling them,of that manytime I called and emailed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.