Sent application - Jan-2017

•UK checks done - march 2017

•Sent to HMPO Nairobi for security checks -April2017

• Interview done in May 2017

Overseas checks finished in Sep2017

passport printed in October 2017.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

In case anyone is reading and wondering for an application for a first British child passport for a child born and living in Canada:

Our application was submitted online and then we sent our supporting documents via DHL courier, tracked as arriving in Durham on September 25th. The passport was picked up by DHL on September 29th and we received it on October 2nd, exactly one week later.

I know it's much longer for some countries, but our application from Canada was very straightforward. The only time consuming part was getting my birth certificate from the GRO - the first time it never showed up so I ended up ordering again using premium processing and paying for courier delivery.

Last edited by adele; Oct 4th 2017 at 4:25 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone Im still waiting for my daughters passport here in Iraq. Sent and uk checks done in marxh sent to overseas team end of march my husband did interview in april. How long we still have to wait? Also anyone got an idea what could help speed up our case?
Old Oct 7th 2017, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lania
Hi everyone Im still waiting for my daughters passport here in Iraq. Sent and uk checks done in marxh sent to overseas team end of march my husband did interview in april. How long we still have to wait? Also anyone got an idea what could help speed up our case?
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process, particularly given the country in question. Nor can anyone tell you how long you’ll still have to wait.

Unfortunately.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adele
In case anyone is reading and wondering for an application for a first British child passport for a child born and living in Canada:

Our application was submitted online and then we sent our supporting documents via DHL courier, tracked as arriving in Durham on September 25th. The passport was picked up by DHL on September 29th and we received it on October 2nd, exactly one week later.

I know it's much longer for some countries, but our application from Canada was very straightforward. The only time consuming part was getting my birth certificate from the GRO - the first time it never showed up so I ended up ordering again using premium processing and paying for courier delivery.
Nice one ; sounds very quick and efficient. I started a thread on this subject a couple of days ago. Your story gives me confidence that if we can work our photos we can get he docs relatively quickly.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Carl_In_Manila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys I've been living in Manila now for the past 12 years with my Filipina wife I have my 13a Permanent Resident Visa, we have 2 boys the oldest already has his British Passport, we got his passport back in the good old days when you just visited the British Embassy here in Manila with your documentation and 1 month later you had the new passport.

I'm just starting the process of getting my youngest son his first Passport, I thought I would post a timeline of how long the process takes, I'm praying that it only takes 6 months and not the 12 month horror stories that are common. Anyway here we go......

Timeline.....

9th October 2017 - Posted DHL Manila
11th October 2017 - Delivered HMPO Liverpool and signed for
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:06 am
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am applying for passport for my son i'm british his mother is filipino. I'm prepared for a long wait reading the horror stories here but I submitted mid september my application.

HMPO examiner contacted me early october to request i fill out the parental details and interview form asked no other documents. HMPO emailed me again last week requesting i book an interview which is going to be done next week in London.

I know this application will be held up by the overseas security checks later on but at the UK end they seem to be processing a lot faster than i expected.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Hi Walmer88,

It's good to hear that you seem to be making good progress. I know it's a waiting game but my life is on hold until I can get my son his passport and then head back to England.

Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

I helped a friend apply for his two children's first British passports. He is a UK citizen, his two children live with his wife in Afghanistan. He filled the Overseas British passport application and sent it to VFS in New Delhi with certified copies of supporting documents on 16th of October.

We checked three times with HMPO here in the UK that he CAN send the application by post and they confirmed that he can.

We have now realised that the application did not contain a part where we could pay the handling fee of VFS. I called HMPO again this morning explaining this and they said that VFS will contact him to pay their fees.

Is this true? Anyone else had similar experience? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

jijo883 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Timelines.

Applied from chennai (india) VFS - 13th June 2017
Reached Liverpool and money deducted - 16th June 2017
Additional documents requested - 21st August 2017
Interview conducted - 4th October 2017 @ New Delhi VFS (Received email 4 weeks prior to book an interview)
After that no updates. Called the helpline a couple of times this past month and the reply we got was the application is going through examination process.

At the time of interview we were told we should hear back from HMPO in a few weeks time. Still waiting though!
Old Nov 11th 2017, 12:08 am
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

My sons passport was delivered today it was his first passport he was born in the philipines im british his mother filipino and the whole process took under 2 months ! Reading this forum i was prepared for a long wait so i was quite surprised.

Either they have 1. moved the philipines from the high risk category, 2.just got more eifficent or 3 this is the normal time if you have the correct documentation

my timeline

Submitted it to liverpool - september 22nd
HMPO emailed letter i had to sign saying i agreed to be interviewed - October 4th
HMPO email inviting me to book interview - October 17th ( i book straight away)
Attended 40 minute interview in reading - October 19th
Passport delivered by courrier - November 10th :-)

Due to the speed of this maybe they did not do the overseas security checks via bangkok unless they sent them away as soon as they got the documents. They did not ask for additional documents or if i was happy to take a Dna test.

The interview was more intense than what i expected they even asked me how far the hospital my son was born in was from my partners home. And i got some of my travel dates wrong also when they asked about times i visited.

Documents i submitted
my passport
complete colour photocopy of my girlfriends passport
my gf CENOMAR
x2 baby scan photos from different dates
our son's medical records
the maternity hospital discharge record
my sons birth certificate, my birth certificate and my girfriends birth certificate
10 photos of us with my son from new born to his 1st month
covering letter explaining no photos after that as i had to return to england to work.

For everyone starting there application if there child was born in the phillipines i can't say about other countries as long as you have the right documents and evidence and a good interview maybe they skip the overseas checks and like mine can be completed alot faster.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Walmer88, so happy that you have managed to get your sons passport sorted out quickly, things also seem to progressing well with my sons passport request.......

My latest timeline is.......

20th October 2017 - Received request for CENOMAR + wedding photos + contact details for me incase interview required.
25th October 2017 - Posted DHL Manila
27th October 2017 - Delivered HMPO Liverpool and signed for
8th November 2017 - Request to Book Interview. (Booked for 21st November 10:45am Birmingham)

I'm currently in Manila and have been for years but I fly back to the UK on the 19th November so I booked my Interview for the 21st November in Birmingham. I have to say that the lady I spoke to when booking the interview was really nice and helpful.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 2:35 am
Just Joined

jijo883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update:
After multiple calls and complaints, i got an email saying the application is referred back to the liverpool office after completion of the overseas checks. Anyone any idea what happens next?.
Will provide another update when there's further progress.

My Timelines.

Applied from chennai (india) VFS - 13th June 2017
Reached Liverpool and money deducted - 16th June 2017
Additional documents requested - 21st August 2017
Interview conducted - 4th October 2017 @ New Delhi VFS (Received email 4 weeks prior to book an interview)
After that no updates. Called the helpline a couple of times this past month and the reply we got was the application is going through examination process.

At the time of interview we were told we should hear back from HMPO in a few weeks time. Still waiting though![/QUOTE]
Old Dec 13th 2017, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Here's my complete timeline......

Timeline.....

20th October 2017 - Received request for CENOMAR + wedding photos + contact details for me in case interview required.
25th October 2017 - Posted DHL Manila
27th October 2017 - Delivered HMPO Liverpool and signed for
8th November 2017 - Request to Book Interview.
21st November 2017 - Interview in Birmingham UK
7th December 2017 - Passport Dispatched from UK
10th December 2017 - Passport Arrived Manila

So for me it took only 8 weeks, it looks like the passport office are on top of things at the moment (at least for Philippines applications) and that if you have all the required paperwork you will be ok.

Good luck to everyone else out there.....
Old Dec 15th 2017, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Ahmadwaqas is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's our timeline from
Pakistan
Applied on 19 February
Additional documents submitted on 22 of March
Interview 3rd of May
Asked to do DNA test on 29th September
Father's DNA appointment in UK on 8th November
Mother and Daughter's appointment in Pakistan on 23 November
DNA results received on 30th of November
Passport printed and dispatched on 12th of December
Hoping to receive it in next couple of days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.