Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:03 pm   #1861
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Sent application - Jan-2017

•UK checks done - march 2017

•Sent to HMPO Nairobi for security checks -April2017

• Interview done in May 2017

Overseas checks finished in Sep2017

passport printed in October 2017.
benfarwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:22 pm   #1862
adele Female
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone is reading and wondering for an application for a first British child passport for a child born and living in Canada:

Our application was submitted online and then we sent our supporting documents via DHL courier, tracked as arriving in Durham on September 25th. The passport was picked up by DHL on September 29th and we received it on October 2nd, exactly one week later.

I know it's much longer for some countries, but our application from Canada was very straightforward. The only time consuming part was getting my birth certificate from the GRO - the first time it never showed up so I ended up ordering again using premium processing and paying for courier delivery.
Applied for PR Jul 25 2005/Rec'd PR visa Apr 2008/Became PR Jan 20 2009 at YVR/PR card rec'd Feb 12 2009/Citizenship app Apr 2 2012/ RQ rec'd May 21 2013/RQ returned Jun 10 2013/New PR card rec'd Nov 25 2013/ Citizenship test Feb 13 2014/Oath Mar 28 2014

Last edited by adele; Oct 4th 2017 at 4:25 pm.
adele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th 2017, 12:47 pm   #1863
Lania 
Just Joined

Lania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone Im still waiting for my daughters passport here in Iraq. Sent and uk checks done in marxh sent to overseas team end of march my husband did interview in april. How long we still have to wait? Also anyone got an idea what could help speed up our case?
Lania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 6:28 pm   #1864
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lania View Post
Hi everyone Im still waiting for my daughters passport here in Iraq. Sent and uk checks done in marxh sent to overseas team end of march my husband did interview in april. How long we still have to wait? Also anyone got an idea what could help speed up our case?
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process, particularly given the country in question. Nor can anyone tell you how long you’ll still have to wait.

Unfortunately.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 10:43 pm   #1865
Just Joined

higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele View Post
In case anyone is reading and wondering for an application for a first British child passport for a child born and living in Canada:

Our application was submitted online and then we sent our supporting documents via DHL courier, tracked as arriving in Durham on September 25th. The passport was picked up by DHL on September 29th and we received it on October 2nd, exactly one week later.

I know it's much longer for some countries, but our application from Canada was very straightforward. The only time consuming part was getting my birth certificate from the GRO - the first time it never showed up so I ended up ordering again using premium processing and paying for courier delivery.
Nice one ; sounds very quick and efficient. I started a thread on this subject a couple of days ago. Your story gives me confidence that if we can work our photos we can get he docs relatively quickly.
higharcticsikkaasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:16 am   #1866
Just Joined

Carl_In_Manila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys I've been living in Manila now for the past 12 years with my Filipina wife I have my 13a Permanent Resident Visa, we have 2 boys the oldest already has his British Passport, we got his passport back in the good old days when you just visited the British Embassy here in Manila with your documentation and 1 month later you had the new passport.

I'm just starting the process of getting my youngest son his first Passport, I thought I would post a timeline of how long the process takes, I'm praying that it only takes 6 months and not the 12 month horror stories that are common. Anyway here we go......

Timeline.....

9th October 2017 - Posted DHL Manila
11th October 2017 - Delivered HMPO Liverpool and signed for
Carl_In_Manila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:06 am   #1867
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am applying for passport for my son i'm british his mother is filipino. I'm prepared for a long wait reading the horror stories here but I submitted mid september my application.

HMPO examiner contacted me early october to request i fill out the parental details and interview form asked no other documents. HMPO emailed me again last week requesting i book an interview which is going to be done next week in London.

I know this application will be held up by the overseas security checks later on but at the UK end they seem to be processing a lot faster than i expected.
walmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 3:30 am   #1868
Just Joined

Carl_In_Manila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Walmer88,

It's good to hear that you seem to be making good progress. I know it's a waiting game but my life is on hold until I can get my son his passport and then head back to England.

Fingers crossed.
Carl_In_Manila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:23 am   #1869
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

I helped a friend apply for his two children's first British passports. He is a UK citizen, his two children live with his wife in Afghanistan. He filled the Overseas British passport application and sent it to VFS in New Delhi with certified copies of supporting documents on 16th of October.

We checked three times with HMPO here in the UK that he CAN send the application by post and they confirmed that he can.

We have now realised that the application did not contain a part where we could pay the handling fee of VFS. I called HMPO again this morning explaining this and they said that VFS will contact him to pay their fees.

Is this true? Anyone else had similar experience? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
omario2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)