Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Sep 26th 2017, 10:38 am
Just Joined

mpc108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hi,

Has anyone applied from Turkey? I was not able to find which group Turkey falls into in terms of risk whilst applying for a first child passport. Would anyone know the average waiting time from if applied from here?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpc108
Hi,

Has anyone applied from Turkey? I was not able to find which group Turkey falls into in terms of risk whilst applying for a first child passport. Would anyone know the average waiting time from if applied from here?
Turkey is a Group 2 country so medium risk. HMPO says six weeks. I haven't got any recent anecdotal evidence to the contrary.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:21 am
Just Joined

theoutcast is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help please?

I applied for a passport for a newborn in July of this year. Our child was born in Bermuda, which is where we live, and where we applied from. I am from the UK, my wife is Filipino.

3 weeks after getting our documents, I got an email to say they required a CENOMAR. After many delays with the NSO in the Philippines, we finally got it and it has been with the passport office in Durham for over a week. It is now almost 3 months since we applied for the passport.

The passport advice line is useless at this point. When I call them, all I am told is "standard checks are ongoing" and "call back in a few days". They have no access to the examiner, and they won't give me any more info beyond that.

I have logged a complaint with them, but I just got the same response "standard checks are ongoing".

Anyone know how long these standard checks will go on for?

Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theoutcast
Can anyone help please?

I applied for a passport for a newborn in July of this year. Our child was born in Bermuda, which is where we live, and where we applied from. I am from the UK, my wife is Filipino.

3 weeks after getting our documents, I got an email to say they required a CENOMAR. After many delays with the NSO in the Philippines, we finally got it and it has been with the passport office in Durham for over a week. It is now almost 3 months since we applied for the passport.

The passport advice line is useless at this point. When I call them, all I am told is "standard checks are ongoing" and "call back in a few days". They have no access to the examiner, and they won't give me any more info beyond that.

I have logged a complaint with them, but I just got the same response "standard checks are ongoing".

Anyone know how long these standard checks will go on for?

Thanks
If your child is born in Bermuda rather than the Philippines and you have provided the CENOMAR then hopefully it won't be as long as normal Philippine applications which can take anywhere from six to twelve months.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:45 am
Just Joined

theoutcast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your child is born in Bermuda rather than the Philippines and you have provided the CENOMAR then hopefully it won't be as long as normal Philippine applications which can take anywhere from six to twelve months.
Thanks for your reply.

That's what I'm sincerely hoping. Bermuda is an overseas territory of the UK so I thought it should be a fairly straightforward application. It's also a 20 square mile island and I can't stand the thought of not being able to travel with the family for potentially up to a year.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Durban78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Does anyone know the waiting time for a uk child passport application from South Africa?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Durban78
Hi,

Does anyone know the waiting time for a uk child passport application from South Africa?
First time or renewal?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 5:30 am
Just Joined

First time
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Durban78
First time
South Africa is also a Group 2 county so medium risk. HMPO says six weeks. If the paperwork is in order then I suspect it will be less time than this.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for the info
Old Sep 29th 2017, 7:52 am
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone knows what's the time limits if the interview and overseas identity checks are finished. How long does the final checks take so the passport can be issue.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by benfarwan
Does anyone knows what's the time limits if the interview and overseas identity checks are finished. How long does the final checks take so the passport can be issue.
It be would highly dependent on the applicant's particular circumstances but generally if all the checks have been done and an interview conducted then a passport should be forthcoming shortly afterwards depending on your passport examiner's workload.
Old Sep 29th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks BritInParis. You do provide a lot of help by answering others question.

I wish it doesn't take extra time I have waited for more than 10 months.
I am tired reading (Your passport application is currently going through the examination process.)
After a call to the home office they said your interview and overseas checks went well and they need to do final checks before issuing the passport.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Ganon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
All the supporting documents which I had sent regarding my son's first time passport application has been returned by DHL to me. I also noticed that the "status" of the application says that I should contact them. Could it be that they will be sending my son's passport soon? FYR details below:
Mailed the declaration form and documents from Hong Kong: 12th Dec 2016
Application received by Liverpool office: 16th Dec 2016
Received email from New Delhi HMPO asking for additional docs: 1st Feb 2017
Sent additional docs to New Delhi, HMPO: 3rd Feb 2017
Acknowledgement from New Delhi of receipt of docs: 9th Feb 2017 Phone Interview from HK with British High Commission staff in India 25th May 2017
Thanks and regards
Ganon
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Ahmedbilal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new to this forum. Being UK national through naturalisation and now married overseas want to apply for my child first uk passport from karachi Pakistan. I am resident in UK and had a divorce from my former wife 10 years ago.
Soon I will visit my family in Pakistan and want to apply for 2.5 year child first passport. I already have his Pakistani passport.
If anyone can please advice me how to apply for his first passport and what documents should I take from UK when I visit Pakistan. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.