Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 27th 2017, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

Uroos.atif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Is there any possibility than I can take my children with me they are too young just 2 and 4... which option i can avail??
can I apply for their visit visa ? We will come back after sometime and thenot travel after their passport??
Can I extend the one month time that I have been given to travel ?
Or is there any other option .. Please advise
Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

tm_328 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, though I am not immigration expert so others can share the expertise but inly option here i see is the request the extension of your VISA.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Is it possible??
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tm_328
this is standard reply they send and it means nothing. HMPO is just trying to hide their poor performance by using lame excuses of security checks with no time frame. just be patient.
HMPO is reliant on third party government agencies to perform the security checks thus the application will only move as quickly as that particular country's bureaucracy would normally do.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uroos.atif
I have got my visa ... What am I going to do now.... I don't know what to do can anyone help me i have been given one month to fly
Is there any possibility than I can take my children with me they are too young just 2 and 4... which option i can avail??
can I apply for their visit visa ? We will come back after sometime and thenot travel after their passport??
Can I extend the one month time that I have been given to travel ?
Or is there any other option .. Please advise
Originally Posted by tm_328
Hi, though I am not immigration expert so others can share the expertise but inly option here i see is the request the extension of your VISA.
Is it possible??
Too late now but you should never apply for your settlement visa before your dependent children have received their British passports, especially from a high risk country, which can take months.

If your 30 day vignette expires before you are able to travel then you can apply for a 'Transfer of Conditions' and obtain a new 30 day vignette. This will cost 22,761 rupees. An alternative option would be to leave your children in the care of a relative or friend, fly to the UK, collect your BRP and then return to Pakistan to await their British passports.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I got an email in response to my enquiry can anyone please help me what does it mean

Dear Mrs Atif,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the passport application for your children. Your children’s applications are currently undergoing validation overseas and until these have been completed, we are not in a position to issue a passport.
All applications received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office are subject to mandatory security checks both in the UK and overseas. The checks are necessary to establish eligibility and entitlement to a British passport and to prevent identity fraud. They also serve to maintain the high level of security in the process and preserve the integrity of the British passport. Since the repatriation of overseas passport applications to the UK, the process has become more stringent and therefore resulting in longer processing times.
Unfortunately we are unable to give a timescale as to when our checks will be complete, but we will try our utmost to complete our routine security checks as soon as possible.

What kind of checks are they doing after interview , reall y worried
Hi,

I got the exact same reply from them word to word.when mine was in security checks. They will take thier own cool time. Now mine is in it's last stages but now it's been 8 months since I've applied. And I am from Srilanka. After security checks they have an examination process. Then will issue the pp. But when that will happen only they know. You shouldn't have applied for a visa bfre you get ur kids pp. Only option is to renew.

Last edited by Zainy11; Jun 28th 2017 at 6:30 am.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:35 am
Just Joined

What if I go there and collect my BRP and come back, can I take my children with me on visit visa. Is it possible?
Old Jun 28th 2017, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

What if I go there and collect my BRP and come back, can I take my children with me on visit visa. Is it possible?
I'm not an expert but y don't you go to ur local British high commission n ask them abt this. They can advice on what can be done if u xplain ur situation to them
Old Jun 28th 2017, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Guys guess what happened today, I called hmpo helpline and they told me that my children's passportservices were printed today and will dispatch tomorrow and would be available for me to collect next week ... I don't know what to say
But thank you so much all of you for supporting me :-)
Old Jun 28th 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Zainy11
I'm not an expert but y don't you go to ur local British high commission n ask them abt this. They can advice on what can be done if u xplain ur situation to them
That's not possible. British citizens cannot be given visitor visas for the UK. The only other option would be a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in their Pakistani passports but this is very expensive.

Guys guess what happened today, I called hmpo helpline and they told me that my children's passportservices were printed today and will dispatch tomorrow and would be available for me to collect next week ... I don't know what to say
But thank you so much all of you for supporting me :-)
Problem solved, glad it worked out for you
Old Jul 5th 2017, 10:49 am
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

If Iam already a dual nationality and british nationality will be my third nationality.
will that cause any problem or long waiting to receive my passport.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by benfarwan
If Iam already a dual nationality and british nationality will be my third nationality.
will that cause any problem or long waiting to receive my passport.
Your British passport? No.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

bbaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening
Please any one help me I apply for my 2 daughters first child British passport in April 2017 (Iraqi citizen) from turkey and after that reply twice request addition documents but the last one need father old passport when my daughter conception before 10 years (birth date 2008) and I don’t have this passport because its withdrawn by Iraqi government .
I'm afraid that my application rejected can any one help me what can I do in this problem
Old Jul 5th 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by bbaa
Good evening
Please any one help me I apply for my 2 daughters first child British passport in April 2017 (Iraqi citizen) from turkey and after that reply twice request addition documents but the last one need father old passport when my daughter conception before 10 years (birth date 2008) and I don’t have this passport because its withdrawn by Iraqi government .
I'm afraid that my application rejected can any one help me what can I do in this problem
You can't provide what you don't have. Write a letter explaining the situation.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

bbaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can't provide what you don't have. Write a letter explaining the situation.
Thank you for your response
My daughter birth date in 1/3/2008 and the supporting documents request all passport held by both parents from baby conception until now , I sent all passports that cover a period until 1/7/2008 and I don't have a passport that valid before this period.
Passport office request this passport and I'm afraid they will withdraw my application

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.