Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Apr 9th 2017, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Uganda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The FCO still issues consular birth certificates but you now apply directly to the UK rather than at your local British diplomatic mission.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth
Thanks for the update, i have applied directly for my sons 1st British Passport since November 2016 from the UK and sent all documentation and photos required. Had a video link interview end of January 2017 when i had travelled to visit them in Uganda, but untill now just like other members on this forum i receive same message 'under going normal security checks' with no time frame.Neither have they asked for any further documentation. Its frustrating and do not understand why they would not just request for DNA at their consular supervision to save all time wasted on checks. Might be expensive but would rather pay extra than the long wait.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Uganda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Nada! zilch! 0 notin nothing!!!!!!

I'll wait till the 4th of may, and nothing by then... gonna phone up! and if that doesn't solve anything then im gonna send the family down there and see whats going on.
Hi
After submission did you not receive any email from them. Most of their emails have reference numbers that you could use to track your application .
Old Apr 11th 2017, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uganda
Thanks for the update, i have applied directly for my sons 1st British Passport since November 2016 from the UK and sent all documentation and photos required. Had a video link interview end of January 2017 when i had travelled to visit them in Uganda, but untill now just like other members on this forum i receive same message 'under going normal security checks' with no time frame.Neither have they asked for any further documentation. Its frustrating and do not understand why they would not just request for DNA at their consular supervision to save all time wasted on checks. Might be expensive but would rather pay extra than the long wait.
DNA is not the only concern.

Unless it's changed very recently, Uganda comes under group 3 countries, & you can - unfortunately - throw any (official or otherwise) estimated timelines out of the window . I realise how frustrating this is
Old Apr 12th 2017, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Blusky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
DNA test done 28th March
The DNA result sent to the hmpo on 4th April and the next day we called the helpline and thy said it will take 3workibg days to attached the DNA result to our document and thy will let us know
And we called many time to the helpline but thy said the same thing that it's getting standard checks!!!!!!
Still there is no contact from them!😕
Does anybody know that usually how many days it takes time to read the DNA result ?

Last edited by Blusky; Apr 12th 2017 at 12:37 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2017, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Yesterday I got an email from the examiner asking to provide every pages of my old passport, the one I had at the time of child conception. Actually I already explained him in cover letter of the application why I couldn't provide it (as it's official passport issued for government employees and I had to give it back to the ministry since I quit the job after child birth). I only copied the biometric page of it before I returned it back to head quarter as at that time I had no idea I would need to provide the copy of every pages of it in the future. It was over 2 years ago and that official passport was expired in 2015. And I applied ordinary passport after that intending to use it to visit the UK which I also provided as supporting document.

He mentioned my husband said I have that old passport still with me when he was interviewed. My hubby confirmed the interviewer only asked him "Is your wife passport still valid?" and he just assumed it meant my current passport and he replied yes. Hubby said for sure the interviewer didn't specify which passport he meant.

The examiner asked me in the last paragraph if I am unable to provide the requested document, please confirm in a signed letter why this document is unavailable. I replied his mail along with signed confirmation letter, previous cover letter, black and white copy of old passport, issued visas of Australia (where I met with my hubby) and New Zealand (where we visited together before I came back to Burma) on old passport and my degree certificate from University in Australia where we both attended.

Should I provide the flight itinerary for New Zealand trip as it'll prove we both were at same address in Australia and visited together to New Zealand. Or I'm overthinking
Pls anyone who have experiences in such matters advise my situation.

In the email of first paragraph by examiner, he seemed accusing as either me or my hubby lied to them about my passport. We both honestly felt annoyed by that and stressed out for potential negative impact on our son's application.

Sorry for my long post and thanks everyone here.

Regards,
May
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

McMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

I also collected my daughters passport today!

I hope everyone gets theirs soon too coz this has been such a stressful journey and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

McMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MayThu
Hi all,

Yesterday I got an email from the examiner asking to provide every pages of my old passport, the one I had at the time of child conception. Actually I already explained him in cover letter of the application why I couldn't provide it (as it's official passport issued for government employees and I had to give it back to the ministry since I quit the job after child birth). I only copied the biometric page of it before I returned it back to head quarter as at that time I had no idea I would need to provide the copy of every pages of it in the future. It was over 2 years ago and that official passport was expired in 2015. And I applied ordinary passport after that intending to use it to visit the UK which I also provided as supporting document.

He mentioned my husband said I have that old passport still with me when he was interviewed. My hubby confirmed the interviewer only asked him "Is your wife passport still valid?" and he just assumed it meant my current passport and he replied yes. Hubby said for sure the interviewer didn't specify which passport he meant.

The examiner asked me in the last paragraph if I am unable to provide the requested document, please confirm in a signed letter why this document is unavailable. I replied his mail along with signed confirmation letter, previous cover letter, black and white copy of old passport, issued visas of Australia (where I met with my hubby) and New Zealand (where we visited together before I came back to Burma) on old passport and my degree certificate from University in Australia where we both attended.

Should I provide the flight itinerary for New Zealand trip as it'll prove we both were at same address in Australia and visited together to New Zealand. Or I'm overthinking
Pls anyone who have experiences in such matters advise my situation.

In the email of first paragraph by examiner, he seemed accusing as either me or my hubby lied to them about my passport. We both honestly felt annoyed by that and stressed out for potential negative impact on our son's application.

Sorry for my long post and thanks everyone here.

Regards,
May
I would suggest engaging your Local MP as that helped us a lot.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McMoon
Need to be quick as Parliament will be dissolved on Wednesday 3 May 2017.

Dissolution of Parliament - UK Parliament
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by McMoon
Good news for you, McMoon!
And thanks a lot to you and HKG3!

My husband and in-laws contacted to their local MP about a month ago and he seemed unwilling to help. I'll tell them to try again.

Regards
May

Last edited by LilyMay; Apr 21st 2017 at 5:26 am.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know whether anyone raise this before, but I found this link in HMPO's site -

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...outside-the-uk

Hope the above link helps those who want to apply for first British Passports from the Philippines.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody I have been called for an interview do anyone know what questions are asked for first passport application.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

manuelu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Do HM Passport office now sent acknowledgement email for ur application done overseas?

I applied for my childs first passport from India on 20th april through VFS cochin. VFS staff said, i will get an acknowledgement email once passport office receive the documents and it will have the details like application reference number, whom should i contact for enquiries etc

Application fee was taken on 25th april, but i still hvnt received any email. So i hv an inner fear that the email address is not right. I might be wrong. Is it possible to contact them and check the email provided?

Have seen many people saying they checked the status of application. How is this checked?

Cheers
Manuel
Old May 19th 2017, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.
My daughter was born Sept 2016 and applied for her passport beginning of November 2016 from SriLanka. Now its been nearly 7 months and still haven't received. We called them beginning of April and they said that it's with the examiner. Can you tell roughly on how long the examiner takes to process it?? It was in new delhi for security checks from Jan to End March. I just hope I get it end of this month or beginning of next. I really need to get back to UK.
Old May 20th 2017, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manuelu
Hi

Do HM Passport office now sent acknowledgement email for ur application done overseas?

I applied for my childs first passport from India on 20th april through VFS cochin. VFS staff said, i will get an acknowledgement email once passport office receive the documents and it will have the details like application reference number, whom should i contact for enquiries etc

Application fee was taken on 25th april, but i still hvnt received any email. So i hv an inner fear that the email address is not right. I might be wrong. Is it possible to contact them and check the email provided?

Have seen many people saying they checked the status of application. How is this checked?

Cheers
Manuel
Hi Manuel,

I only got acknowledgement email (in which they gave me reference number for future contacts) from Liverpool office only when I inquired about my application by using the following online inquiry form. I also had same worries like you until I got it. Maybe check your junk/spam folder of your mail too.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Passport_Enquiries.ofml

Hope this helps!

May
Old May 20th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hello all,

My husband called Liverpool office last week and this time they said it's under examination process (not as under standard security checks they used to say before). They also admitted it's taking longer than it should be. They confirmed nothing is wrong with the application and we should get it shortly. I would like to know when I should hope to get it and how long does "shortly" take ?

Best wishes,
May

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.