Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

LilyMay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Good evening everyone,

My husband has done interview in London today. He thought it went well but there was one thing the interviewer asked him which made me bit worried. Hope to get a comfort from the experts here.

The interviewer asked my hubby if he is prepared to have DNA test if it's required. I wonder it's a standard question or only asks to some applicants who possibly needs DNA test. We don't mind to do DNA test if it's necessary but just really painful to wait longer plus extra cost. Looking forward to hear from you guys.
It always makes me feel better and also got very helpful information to read how others are going through this frustrating experience.
May
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 10:40 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

All interview questions are standard and fixed.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
All interview questions are standard and fixed.
Thanks a lot for your reply, BIP! I feel relieved.

May
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Fernatom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there ,

My daughter is Moroccan and I had to go for the same interview in London Victoria office, the interview went well but I was asked would I be willing to provide a DNA test if required I said yes , but after 4 weeks of waiting passport was issued out and no DNA was required hope this puts your mind at rest
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fernatom,

Many thanks for your reply and Congratulations for you ^_^

Glad to hear that you didn't need to do DNA test, such an encouragement for me. I applied from Burma and provided definitely enough documents with the help of invaluable information I got from this forum (HMPO hasn't asked me to provide more documents). I do wish to hear good news soon like you.

Have a wonderful life ahead for you and your family!

May
Old Mar 25th 2017, 3:57 am
Just Joined

benfarwan is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied from on the 19th january 2017 application received in durham office 23rd january
21st of February HMPO emailed checks were finished in UK and my application is tranfered to the overseas team checks.
From what I read I have to arrange myself for a long long waiting for the process.
Application from Kenya anyone similar I mean applied from Kenya can give his experience to me.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 2:10 am
Just Joined

McMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I have been reading this blog for sometime but haven't written as I always hoped that good news was around the corner. So I am a naturalized British citizen and gave birth to my daughter April 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya as I now live and work there. We sent her application in August 2016 and by Dec 2016 they called me for an interview. As part of the application they asked me for so many documents like scans, annotated pic of baby with family, copies of passport with indication of when conception was etc. The interviewer was wonderful and after the interview said she expects that my daughters passport will be dispatched soon. She said it was clear that I was the mother and in her recommendations to the examiner will be we get the passport soon. However, I didn't hear anything from the passport office. I have called the Durham office more times than I can count and each time they say the application is still under review with overseas team. It has been nearly 8 months and still no resolution. Kenya is coming up to election in August and the possibility of post election violence is real. I have repeatedly told them how dangerous the situation can get and how i will evacuate my daughter if things turn out bad. I don't know what else I could do. They are not helpful. I have asked my MP to write to them, which they have and still no response. This is the most frustrating process ever. I have no idea what to do and my anxiety levels are hitting the roof. Any advice on what else I could do to expiedite the process????
Old Mar 30th 2017, 9:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McMoon
Hi guys,
I have been reading this blog for sometime but haven't written as I always hoped that good news was around the corner. So I am a naturalized British citizen and gave birth to my daughter April 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya as I now live and work there. We sent her application in August 2016 and by Dec 2016 they called me for an interview. As part of the application they asked me for so many documents like scans, annotated pic of baby with family, copies of passport with indication of when conception was etc. The interviewer was wonderful and after the interview said she expects that my daughters passport will be dispatched soon. She said it was clear that I was the mother and in her recommendations to the examiner will be we get the passport soon. However, I didn't hear anything from the passport office. I have called the Durham office more times than I can count and each time they say the application is still under review with overseas team. It has been nearly 8 months and still no resolution. Kenya is coming up to election in August and the possibility of post election violence is real. I have repeatedly told them how dangerous the situation can get and how i will evacuate my daughter if things turn out bad. I don't know what else I could do. They are not helpful. I have asked my MP to write to them, which they have and still no response. This is the most frustrating process ever. I have no idea what to do and my anxiety levels are hitting the roof. Any advice on what else I could do to expiedite the process????
If you have already contacted both HMPO and your MP about the situation then you're probably done as much as you can.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Kenafric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation as Macmoon.
My father has applied for his first adult passport. My father has a Certificate of Registration and also has Right of Abode to uk sticker on his Kenya Passport.
I thought it would be a simple process to get a passport as had the above documents. Passport application is handled by Durham office. We applied in August 2016 and he had an interview in Feburary 2017 at British High Commission in Nairobi. We haven't heard anything since then. It's almost 7 months now. My father's Kenyan Passport is also with the HMPO so he can't even travel and i believe the passport is about to expire.
Made numerous calls but everytime i get same reply "it's under investigation".
Can someone help !!!
Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kenafric
Hi,
I'm in a similar situation as Macmoon.
My father has applied for his first adult passport. My father has a Certificate of Registration and also has Right of Abode to uk sticker on his Kenya Passport.
I thought it would be a simple process to get a passport as had the above documents. Passport application is handled by Durham office. We applied in August 2016 and he had an interview in Feburary 2017 at British High Commission in Nairobi. We haven't heard anything since then. It's almost 7 months now. My father's Kenyan Passport is also with the HMPO so he can't even travel and i believe the passport is about to expire.
Made numerous calls but everytime i get same reply "it's under investigation".
Can someone help !!!
Checking locally issued documents takes time. The application will only move as fast as Kenyan bureaucracy. There's nothing you can do but be patient.
Old Apr 5th 2017, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Kenafric is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for that. I guess i'll just have to wait.
Annoying though.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Uganda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaoclive
It seems that many people say that a UK consular birth certificate helps in the process.
Please note that many consular / embassies have now stopped issueing consulsr birth certificates. I was told same when i tried in Uganda.
Old Apr 9th 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Uganda
Please note that many consular / embassies have now stopped issueing consulsr birth certificates. I was told same when i tried in Uganda.
The FCO still issues consular birth certificates but you now apply directly to the UK rather than at your local British diplomatic mission.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth
Old Apr 9th 2017, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kenafric
Hi,
Thanks for that. I guess i'll just have to wait.
Annoying though.
Hi , i believe you can email them to request the supporting documents to be sent back while you wait citing like you said your father can not travel since they have his passport. This will also avoid loss of your documents by them .
Old Apr 9th 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you have already contacted both HMPO and your MP about the situation then you're probably done as much as you can.
Get her a Kenyan passport if your country allows dual citizenship like UK does and apply for a visit visa for her just incase you may need to travel. Alternatively you could apply for certificate of right of abode for her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.