Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Oct 13th 2016, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Zhaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
...... because you had to take a DNA test to prove you were the children's mother? This is obviously not a simple case of just applying for the children's passports. You are in the UK they are in Pakistan .........
Yes just to prove I am the mother they asked me to do a DNA test even tho I sent my birth certificate and my parents.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone applied passports for there children living in Pakistan? Please can some one tell me how long it can take to get a British passport
Old Oct 15th 2016, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

mummykochi is an unknown quantity at this point

I am british born and bred, so arw my parents. I now live in south india. Last year my sons passport arrived after only 10 weeks and i had no dna test.

I have applied for my second sons passport now. Currently been about 10 weeks but i couldnt send my husbands passport in until a few weeks ago so i expect some delay this time.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Knight007 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=BritInParis;12057403]Standard questions about yourself, your child and the other parent. When and where they were born, how did you meet your other half, how long have you been married, etc.. Nothing too taxing. Providing your answers are satisfactory then the passport should be forthcoming soon afterwards.[/QUOTE

Hi BritInParis, just to let you know that today I did have my interview and the questions were just as you said and hope the passport will come soon. Cheers
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

revrex is an unknown quantity at this point

It takes approx 6-8 months
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

revrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zhaman
Has anyone applied passports for there children living in Pakistan? Please can some one tell me how long it can take to get a British passport
It takes 6-8 months
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight007
Originally Posted by BritInParis
Standard questions about yourself, your child and the other parent. When and where they were born, how did you meet your other half, how long have you been married, etc.. Nothing too taxing. Providing your answers are satisfactory then the passport should be forthcoming soon afterwards.
Hi BritInParis, just to let you know that today I did have my interview and the questions were just as you said and hope the passport will come soon. Cheers
Good to hear it. Let us know how you get on.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Mecksmail is an unknown quantity at this point

I have successfully applied for received British passports for my two children born in Nigeria. The application for my first child took 6 months following an interview without a request for DNA testing. Following passport collection, I then submitted another application for my second child. This one lasted for 8 months and included DNA testing. I just got the passport last week.
You'll get the passport in the end. It's just the agony of being without travel documents for a prolonged period. I had to defer my MSc at Cardiff University because of the delay.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:27 am
Just Joined

After going through the rigorous ordeal of getting first British passports for my two children, I think for my future children I'd rather give birth to them in the UK to avoid these hassles and delays.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mecksmail
I have successfully applied for received British passports for my two children born in Nigeria. The application for my first child took 6 months following an interview without a request for DNA testing. Following passport collection, I then submitted another application for my second child. This one lasted for 8 months and included DNA testing. I just got the passport last week.
You'll get the passport in the end. It's just the agony of being without travel documents for a prolonged period. I had to defer my MSc at Cardiff University because of the delay.
This is really a good news congratulations. I wanted to ask after u get the passport what do u have to do? Have child travelled to the uk?
Old Oct 18th 2016, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zhaman
This is really a good news congratulations. I wanted to ask after u get the passport what do u have to do? Have child travelled to the uk?
Thanks. You don't have to do any other thing when you get your child's UK passport. My children haven't traveled to the UK yet. I'm hoping to relocate next year with my family back to the UK.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mecksmail
Thanks. You don't have to do any other thing when you get your child's UK passport. My children haven't traveled to the UK yet. I'm hoping to relocate next year with my family back to the UK.
I just got a email from the Liverpool passport office asking me we're to dispatch my children's passports😃, after the dispatch in how many days do you get the passports? I have also been waiting for 7 months, Sorry if am asking to much questions.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 3:48 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more curious to the original poster of this thread 'Kenya' did he ever get the passport i wonder?

Hmmm
Old Oct 20th 2016, 5:06 pm
Nus
Just Joined

Nus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faree
Hello

Finally some good news. Application has been approved and printed.

Wow...it took full 8.5 months. They said I will receive the passport shortly...

Good luck everyone...it's frustrating and needs a lot of patience....hope things look up for all soon...
We are also waiting for a first british passport for baby born in pakistan. It has been six months now. Interview has been four weeks ago HMPO is called at least twice a week same reply going under security checks!!!
Old Oct 24th 2016, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

nagamurali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

On application section 5 ... whta is Certificate of registration or naturalisation..i have a naturalisation i didnt understand about registration ...

is this Uk Foreign birth registration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.