Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 22nd 2016, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Ambrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by KwiBrit
Hey, based on my experience, from the day the status of the online passport application has changed to 'Dispatched', I would expect DHL to contact you within two to three days for delivery of the passport.

You cannot track delivery of the passport unless DHL calls you and give you the tracking number.
Hi thanks for your reply. Dear can you send me the link to check passport application status please.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 10:18 am
Just Joined

sam201013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We applied for my son's British pp vfs hyd on 14th April . On 17th may we got an email asking for more documents relating to the mother . And ever since I have been contact the the passport office . One week back I was told that oversees security checks are being done . But today when I called them they said that the status of passport application show "under examination " . Does anyone know what that means ?
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

KwiBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ambrin
Hi thanks for your reply. Dear can you send me the link to check passport application status please.
Here is the link I shared before:

https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

laurenceinarabia is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok all wont give you the long details

Im british wife philippine we live in dubai baby born in dubai - sent everything asked for - they then asked for the cenomar.... which they dont ask for till after you send eveything otherwise we could have got in advance - its more complicated as our marriage does not show on her cenomar yet as it hasnt been processed by the philippines yet ... her cenomar is clean and no other marriages however.

Cenomar sent by DHL from Phils will be with them tomorrow or monday - they said they would call me back given situation but never do ho hum...

My question is simple. do they ALWAYS send back to Philippines to be checked? is there any info anywhere on best way around this if there is a way around this

on the advice of britinparis we have also applied for Flip passport but we are running out of time... here in dubai you have 90 days to register baby for national iD and then it goes to 100 aed fine per day - thats about 18 GB Pounds -

secondly we may have to leave the country also within a few weeks so its pretty desperate

so any advice would be welcomed.... please dont say PRAY my wife does all that )

Last edited by laurenceinarabia; Jun 23rd 2016 at 9:11 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Davsto911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes... The Philippine side of the documentation will be passed by Liverpool to be checked by HMPO Bangkok who in turn have to wait for a reply from The Philippines.Both are painfully slow.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

sam201013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone !!

So I am elated to share that I have finally received my son's British passport . My timeline is below :

14 April : Applied at Vfs , hyd , India
1 June : Received email asking for more photos and hospital discharge summary
27 June : call for interview
29 June : interview conducted at vfs hyd . It was a telephonic interview with all basic questions .
19 July : Call from vfs to collect the passport .

Overall the process took about 3 months . We had submitted all the documents as specified on the website . While my husband followed them up by calling the hmpo office constantly and asking for an update . Our counter signatory was not contacted .

Good luck to others !!
Old Jul 21st 2016, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

My child born overseas and we had wonderful experience with the consulate- I and my grandparents born in England and I submitted my birth certificate, that of my mother and grandparent's, and birth certificate of my child in the afternoon- received her British passport within a few days. Everything went smoothly.

If my child doesn't live in UK before 18th birthday, will that effect her citizenship ?
Old Jul 21st 2016, 4:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
My child born overseas and we had wonderful experience with the consulate- I and my grandparents born in England and I submitted my birth certificate, that of my mother and grandparent's, and birth certificate of my child in the afternoon- received her British passport within a few days. Everything went smoothly.

If my child doesn't live in UK before 18th birthday, will that effect her citizenship ?
No, citizenship is permanent, unless your child falls foul of the Home Secretary by deciding to join ISIS. Proving it sometimes can be more difficult which is why consular birth registration is always worth considering where available.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No, citizenship is permanent, unless your child falls foul of the Home Secretary by deciding to join ISIS. Proving it sometimes can be more difficult which is why consular birth registration is always worth considering where available.
Thank you and answered my question, Whe she was born we went the consulate with documents I mentioned, and they gave her a passport. I guess I should ask whether that process was a "birth registration".

Compared to US consulate it was very pleasant.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth
Thank you and answered my question, Whe she was born we went the consulate with documents I mentioned, and they gave her a passport. I guess I should ask whether that process was a "birth registration".

Compared to US consulate it was very pleasant.
If they only gave you a passport then that's all that you likely applied for. If you had registered the birth then you would most likely also have a consular birth certificate.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Nicholas404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an email the other day from HMPO Bangkok asking for more details/supporting docs. Sent that off the following day. Sent them email asking to confirm if they received everything and today I got a response stating Bangkok has now finished with the application and sent it back to Liverpool with their recommendations. Does anyone know what this means and if we are anywhere near the end process of the passport being issued. Now been waiting since Sep2015!
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Nicholas404
Got an email the other day from HMPO Bangkok asking for more details/supporting docs. Sent that off the following day. Sent them email asking to confirm if they received everything and today I got a response stating Bangkok has now finished with the application and sent it back to Liverpool with their recommendations. Does anyone know what this means and if we are anywhere near the end process of the passport being issued. Now been waiting since Sep2015!
Sounds like you're very close to the end of the process now.
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Nicholas404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sounds like you're very close to the end of the process now.
Certainly hope so, just waiting for the next delay in the process (dna and interview). Fingers crossed they don't request that!
Old Jul 23rd 2016, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

loveforever is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an Email from the British embassy in Lebanon to attend an passport interview related to my son's passport application,they asked me to confirm my preferable location for the interview and I informed them that I want the interview to be conducted in the UK,I again send them an email regarding the date and the time of the interview they replied that they have passed it to the UK and that they don't have involvement in the case any more ,does any one knows what is that mean,any advise will be highly appreciated
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Nomad_Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Philippine wife, one child born in the Philippines, one in Qatar

Confirmed process started at HMPO Liverpool 12th April. Gov.uk website still states 6 weeks as guidance. Now in August and still waiting .

Formal complaint proceedings have now been started.

Next step Ombudsman.

Congratulations to all those who have their kids passports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.