Which country to file in

Old Jan 25th 2018, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which country to file in

Hello
Quick qs. We are going back to UK to visit this summer and the plan is for me (UK citizen) to find a job meeting financial requirement. My qs is if I do find a job, can we file my husbands application in the UK to shave off some time and then both head back to USA right after to start sorting things out and getting ready for move or is this not allowed? We will leave right after but it seems pointless to wait until we get back to the USA to then send everything back if we are already there...
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 25th 2018, 6:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which country to file in

Originally Posted by cca123
Hello
Quick qs. We are going back to UK to visit this summer and the plan is for me (UK citizen) to find a job meeting financial requirement. My qs is if I do find a job, can we file my husbands application in the UK to shave off some time and then both head back to USA right after to start sorting things out and getting ready for move or is this not allowed? We will leave right after but it seems pointless to wait until we get back to the USA to then send everything back if we are already there...
Thanks in advance
Sorry but applicants must apply from a country in which they're legally resident, so your husband would need to apply from the US.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've moved your thread, please do note that any visa related queries should be put in the citizenship/visas subforum, the main MBTTUK forum is just for general UK queries i.e. cost of living, housing, schooling etc.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point

So they really look at the packaging? Doesn't it only matter with your house address? I mean, we are obviously going to have to enter the UK again since the visa will be sent to our us address so surely the application from country specifics to the fact your house address etc has to be in that country and you can't file using a British address? Do they honestly look at the envelope?
Sorry, I just want to check because filing while we are over there and then flying back will save us precious time. Or do you have to submit your passport with the application? If so then that would obviously pose a problem..
Thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:20 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cca123
So they really look at the packaging? Doesn't it only matter with your house address? I mean, we are obviously going to have to enter the UK again since the visa will be sent to our us address so surely the application from country specifics to the fact your house address etc has to be in that country and you can't file using a British address? Do they honestly look at the envelope?
Sorry, I just want to check because filing while we are over there and then flying back will save us precious time. Or do you have to submit your passport with the application? If so then that would obviously pose a problem..
Thanks!
You need to submit your passport so I'm afraid that won't work.