College enrolment problem after EEA(FM) application.

Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:41 am
Just Joined

abit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default College enrolment problem after EEA(FM) application.

Hello it is me again, we have unexpected issue and really need an advice. Heartfelt thanks in advance.

I sent our EEA(QP) + EEA(FM) application documents and passports to Home Office last week. By the way, The EEA_1 family permits for me, my son and my daughter will be expired on 4th of July.

My daughter started a primary school last month with no visa question but yesterday my son was in a college for enrollment and they asked him to prove his situation after 4th of July. I called the college and tried to explain our application process and how long it may take but it seems I need a letter from Home Office explaining my son's situation.

The college starts in September and they want to complete enrollments till mid July.

Thanks

Last edited by abit; Jun 27th 2017 at 6:49 am.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: College enrolment problem after EEA(FM) application.

By the way,

I have sent our EEA(QP) + EEA(FM) application documents to;

Home Office – EEA applications PO Box 590 Durham DH99 1AD but when I track my mail it says;

it is delivered to DURHAM PDO which is Durham passport Office, is something wrong or are they the same department?

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The applications will likely take up to six months to process. Thankfully these days the Home Office issues you with a letter in the meantime saying that you are legally permitted to remain in the UK, work, study, etc.. until a decision is made on the applications in order for employers, educational institutions, landlords, etc.. to carry out their legal obligations to check someone's immigration status.

To answer your second question a PO Box is usually at the delivery office so that's fine.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Another helpful and reassuring response from BritInParis, thank you

By the way, after your answer I researched about acknowledgment letter or email and found that some people didn't receive it. So I have just sent an email asking for a letter and will call them today to be sure. Because the teacher in College asked me to bring it as soon as possible.

What irritates me is that the college had called my son 3 times before for an interview, English level test and Math. test but they have never asked for his current situation in the UK even he went there with the same documents each time.

anyway, thanks again for sparing your valuable time.