Child's First British Passport [OS] - Pakistan

Old Feb 8th 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

MrK2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Child's First British Passport [OS] - Pakistan

Hey Guys,

Abit of background, Im UK born, both parents were naturalised before my birth and i've lived in the UK my entire life.
My wife's was born in pakistan, lived their her entire life our child was born last year in september. I applied for both their settlement visa on pakistani passports. Wifes was granted and Daughters was rejected on the basis that she should either apply for a british passport or right of abode. Wifes settlement visa has been put on Deferred until child's passport is made at which point they will issue her visa.

Have been gathering up all the paperwork for submission of OS form, looked at the guides on the GOV website but had a few questions on certain things. I understand a lot of members here have been through the process or know a fair bit so..

Firstly, does the declaration need to be signed by the parent living with the child? In my case this would be my wife.

Which leads me onto the follow on question,
Does the countersignatory being from pakistan cause any issues/delays. my intention is to get it filled in by her family doctor.

Thirdly, Do i need to provide any original documents or can they be photocopy.
Exception being ofcourse parents birth certificate, marriage certificate.

Any clarification would be much appreciated,

MrK2
Old Feb 8th 2018, 7:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child's First British Passport [OS] - Pakistan

It needs to be signed by someone with parental responsibility for the applicant so either of you is fine. If you're in the UK then normally it would be expected that your wife signs.

Pakistan is a Commonwealth country so as long as the family doctor holds a valid Pakistani passport and is willing to submit a colour photocopy of it with the application then that is fine. Bear in mind however that first time applicants born in Pakistan will always face a lengthy processing time regardless of the countersignatory. HMPO quote at least six months.

All documents need to be original except copies of the parents' passports.

Check this page for more information if you haven't done so already:
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/...child/pakistan
Old Feb 9th 2018, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Pakistan is a Commonwealth country so as long as the family doctor holds a valid Pakistani passport and is willing to submit a colour photocopy of it with the application then that is fine.
Thanks for the info!

Another update...

My wifes contacted her family doctor, his happy to complete the form, along with passport number however his a bit iffy on providing a photocopy of his passport as he saying that it doesnt say its required anywhere on the OS application.. There's quite a lot of dodgy stuff that goes on in pakistan so people are reluctant to hand out any photocopies of their passport..

Will this be a problem if im unable to provide a photocopy of his passport :S

Kind regards,

MrK2
Old Feb 10th 2018, 11:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrK2
Thanks for the info!

Another update...

My wifes contacted her family doctor, his happy to complete the form, along with passport number however his a bit iffy on providing a photocopy of his passport as he saying that it doesnt say its required anywhere on the OS application.. There's quite a lot of dodgy stuff that goes on in pakistan so people are reluctant to hand out any photocopies of their passport..

Will this be a problem if im unable to provide a photocopy of his passport :S

Kind regards,

MrK2
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications

If you’re applying outside the UK

Your countersignatory must have a current British, Irish or other EU, US or Commonwealth passport.

If they have a US, Commonwealth, or non-British or non-Irish EU passport, you must include with your application a colour photocopy of the page with their photograph on it.

Your application will be processed faster if they have a British or Irish passport.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Child's First British Passport [OS] - Pakistan

Thank you for this, i've had a look on the list looks like i could get it countersigned by quiet a few people! so that's a big help!

Kind regards,

K2.