Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Changing the spouse visa application from non priority to priority

Changing the spouse visa application from non priority to priority

Old Nov 19th 2017, 3:30 am
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice
Default Changing the spouse visa application from non priority to priority

Hi,

I have submitted my spouse visa application line. While taking the biometric appointment, I did not realize that i should chose vfs premium service if I want priority service. I have paid the IHS and application fees online. My biometric appointment is next week at an asc center. Is there any way I can change from non-proiotry to priority without cancelling the application.

On vfs website it is showing $1600.00 fee for vfs premium service settlement visa, is this correct? (i am applying from USA) or am I looking at the wrong thing.

fyi, my application is straight forward.

Thanks.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 4:07 am
Just Joined

guy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really niceguy_30 is just really nice
Default Re: Changing the spouse visa application from non priority to priority

Now i am completely lost. i read on one of the uk-yankee forms that the vfs premium service for settlement visa is only two days old. Not sure what is going on. I am trying to find a way to apply (or change or pay) for priority application. can someone point me to right direction? I looked at the confirmation page and it done not priority or non-priority.
Any advise is appreciated.

Last edited by guy_30; Nov 19th 2017 at 4:13 am.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guy_30
Now i am completely lost. i read on one of the uk-yankee forms that the vfs premium service for settlement visa is only two days old. Not sure what is going on. I am trying to find a way to apply (or change or pay) for priority application. can someone point me to right direction? I looked at the confirmation page and it done not priority or non-priority.
Any advise is appreciated.
I found this which is the current upgrade to premium from an already submitted postal application:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-request-form

looking at the UK yankee , topic 92141- I see a poster is saying, from reading vfs site, that a newer ' settlement gold premium service' will be available from 15th nov at certain centres in USA and you can upgrade at the VFS biometrics appointment for this if it's at the nominated centre.

This appears to be more expensive than the postal to premium upgrade.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 9:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You pay the priority fee online after you submit your online application but before you post the application to Sheffield. The fee is USD 771.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...y-visa-service

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user...y-visa-service

There's a new Settlement 'Gold' service for USD 1600 which is essentially the priority service with some extra bells and whistles which may or may not be of interest.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/applicationcentre.html
Old Nov 20th 2017, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You pay the priority fee online after you submit your online application but before you post the application to Sheffield. The fee is USD 771.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...y-visa-service

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user...y-visa-service

There's a new Settlement 'Gold' service for USD 1600 which is essentially the priority service with some extra bells and whistles which may or may not be of interest.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/applicationcentre.html
Thanks for the info. I found on vfs website a option to pay for priority without paying for gold services. I will pay for this and include the receipt in the post with all the other documents and write with black pen "priority service" on the package.

One questions I have is, do we have to use vfs to buy the shipping label/package and prepaid return label/package? Or can I buy the shipping label and prepaid return label from UPS/Fedex?
Old Nov 20th 2017, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
I found this which is the current upgrade to premium from an already submitted postal application:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-request-form

looking at the UK yankee , topic 92141- I see a poster is saying, from reading vfs site, that a newer ' settlement gold premium service' will be available from 15th nov at certain centres in USA and you can upgrade at the VFS biometrics appointment for this if it's at the nominated centre.

This appears to be more expensive than the postal to premium upgrade.
Thanks for the info. I found on vfs website a option to pay for priority without paying for gold services. I will pay for this and include the receipt in the post with all the other documents and write with black pen "priority service" on the package.

One questions I have is, do we have to use vfs to buy the shipping label/package and prepaid return label/package? Or can I buy the shipping label and prepaid return label from UPS/Fedex?
Old Nov 20th 2017, 6:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guy_30

VFS would like you to but you can organise this yourself.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Went to UPS and DHL store today and they said they dont do international prepaid return shipping label from US. i read in one of the post earlier that we are not allowed to Fedex for delivery and prepaid return shipping label. cant find that post now but is this correct? Also can others from USA tell me which courier did they use for shipping and prepaid return shipping label from?

Also UPS/DHL is asking for phone number for International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House,
Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU location saying that is required as per UK customs norms for delivery of the package. Does any one have phone number for 'International Operations and Visas, 6 Millsands, Vulcan House, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S3 8NU' location ?

Last edited by guy_30; Nov 21st 2017 at 6:14 pm.