Cash Savings - Spouse Visa from India

Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

kuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cash Savings - Spouse Visa from India

Hello All,

I am self employed and director of ltd Company, currently as it stands I have taken a year off break for personal reasons so no trading through my ltd Company during my last company tax return no trading but I met the 18600 threshold through the salary and dividend since my company had the funds to pay me. currently I am looking out for a contract jobs but nothing so far...

I have decided to apply through cash savings my question is I hold a British passport and I have a cash savings in India for an equivalent 30000 pounds in my Non resident Indian bank account and we are planning to maintain a another 30,000 pounds equal currency of Indian rupee in my wife's personal account.

Please clarify if this is something acceptable having the cash savings in both the sponsor and applicants accounts and as well can I apply through the 5 year route?.

Thanks..
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash Savings - Spouse Visa from India

Savings can be held in the applicant's name, the sponsor's name or joint.

Applying for a UK spouse settlement visa means a 5 year route until ILR.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Nov 20th 2017 at 7:42 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your quick reply..

Do you mean it has to be joint Account ? or it can 50 percent in Sponsor account and 50 percent in Applicant Account.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kuts

Do you mean it has to be joint Account ? or it can 50 percent in Sponsor account and 50 percent in Applicant Account.
The savings can be in the applicant's name, the sponsor's name, or both. The funds will need to be in the account/s for at least 6 months and the amount must not dip below the financial requirement (currently £62,500 for a spouse with no other dependents).

The exception to the above is, if the funds are from the sale of property, then they can be used for the application immediately (no waiting for 6 months), but you must provide evidence that the property was in your/your spouse's name and also evidence of how long you owned it. Best of luck with your application.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

As said, the money can be in the applicant's name, OR the sponsor's name OR can be held jointly.

How much is in each is irrelevant. The total amount in the accounts must be 62,500 or above.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks Guys for your reply...

Just a quick Question since I am british passport holder but my savings where there back in India named Non Resident Indian Bank account.. Can I show this along with my wife's savings to apply for the visa.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Hello,

I just want to clarify that I am British passport holder but I have a cash savings of 30,000 pounds in India ( NRI) bank account in India.
Can I use this savings to combine with my wife's savings of 30,000 INR rupees in indian bank account savings.. to go for cash savings route..
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 11:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

30,000 rupees is only £350. I presume you mean the equivalent in pound sterling. It doesn't matter where the money is held. You keep talking about £30,000 + £30,000 (£60,000). You will need £62,500.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Guys for your reply...

Just a quick Question since I am british passport holder but my savings where there back in India named Non Resident Indian Bank account.. Can I show this along with my wife's savings to apply for the visa.
Yes....
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your reply...

Sorry for the confusion let me clear this..

I have a savings of 32,500 pounds equivalent Indian rupees held in my (Non Resident Indian Bank Account) in india.
+
I have a land which I purchased in 2007 in India that Is before I become a British citizen and I decided to sell that now which will account for another 30,000 pounds Equivalent INR so I have a total of 62500 pounds equivalent Cash savings in India (in INR)

so my question is - am I eligible for the exception case as mentioned below the reason being part of the cash savings where from sale of property in that case will the exception applies..or the exception applies only when the full (62500)amount comes from sale of property.

Exception : the exception if the funds are from the sale of property, then they can be used for the application immediately (no waiting for 6 months).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Hello

Can some one please help me...

I have the cash savings in India for 30 Lakhs equivalent to 30000 pounds UK currency.

The above cash savings in India ( ie 30 Lakhs) where transferred from my UK Bank account to Indian bank account and the source of this Income is mainly from my Dividend through my ltd company that I earned over the past years through my ltd company as a director...

In Guidance Notes it says the below

you can not combine the Category D: Cash savings cannot be combined with self-employment income, or with income from employment as a director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK, under either Category F or Category G:

My question is can I use this savings in india for Cash savings route for my spouse visa.

Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Can some one please help me...

I have the cash savings in India for 30 Lakhs equivalent to 30000 pounds UK currency.

The above cash savings in India ( ie 30 Lakhs) where transferred from my UK Bank account to Indian bank account and the source of this Income is mainly from my Dividend through my ltd company that I earned over the past years through my ltd company as a director...

In Guidance Notes it says the below

you can not combine the Category D: Cash savings cannot be combined with self-employment income, or with income from employment as a director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK, under either Category F or Category G:

My question is can I use this savings in india for Cash savings route for my spouse visa.

Thanks
Providing you have held it for at least six months before the application, yes.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks ....