Canadian spouse SET (M)

Old Feb 5th 2018, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Paws3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian spouse SET (M)

Hello all, I am a Brit and my husband Canadian. We have been back 5 years after over 10 years in Canada (boy, has the UK changed...) anyhoo... We applied for ILR back in October... very straightforward I thought as the 2.5 year extension Visa only took about 6 weeks to process. However it has now passed the 14 week mark and we have heard nothing since an application to do the biometrics back in November (which we did within a week of the letter.) I have just cancelled a holiday as he has no passport and I was going to re-book but am a bit gun shy now ... Will the Visa come within the 6 month window? Has anyone had their ILM Visa granted this year? (2018). We also tried applying for the premium upgrade (sending the forms at the dot of 8am) but no luck with that either... We feel we are the only ones in this situation... any support/info would be great. Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2018, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian spouse SET (M)

You can always write to your MP and hope the intervention of your MP will speed things up in the Home Office.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 6:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you applied by post?
Old Feb 6th 2018, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies. Yes, we applied by recorded mail and checked it arrived. No letter in response but we did get the biometric letter fairly quickly. Does involving my MP really help?
Old Feb 6th 2018, 11:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Not whilst you are still within the six month service standard. I'm afraid you either need to keep being patient or try again for the premium upgrade.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes... re the MP that's what I thought... do you know of any way I can find out how long they are taking for a ILR visa? we did the 'email lottery' of Premium upgrade and it was just getting us down getting nowhere. I cannot find anyone who has successfully managed to get their email through..
All I can say is if anyone else is going down this route DO NOT use the postal service. If I could have a do-over we would go in person but if we ask for the application back then we loose the fee and we can't afford to throw away over £2000..
Old Feb 6th 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Paws3
Yes... re the MP that's what I thought... do you know of any way I can find out how long they are taking for a ILR visa? we did the 'email lottery' of Premium upgrade and it was just getting us down getting nowhere. I cannot find anyone who has successfully managed to get their email through..
All I can say is if anyone else is going down this route DO NOT use the postal service. If I could have a do-over we would go in person but if we ask for the application back then we loose the fee and we can't afford to throw away over £2000..
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but given how expensive ILR is anyway I would always recommend paying the extra for the same day service unless you are happy to give up your passport for six months.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Biometric card arrived on 26th Feb and the other documents arrived today. So Happy. It took them 85 working days to do a very straightforward application.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paws3
Biometric card arrived on 26th Feb and the other documents arrived today. So Happy. It took them 85 working days to do a very straightforward application.
Congratulations!