Canadian applicants for U.K. Settlement visas

Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian applicants for U.K. Settlement visas

Hi all,

I am a Canadian who originally moved to England on a two year tier 5 visa to work as a teacher. I met and married my husband after over a year of being together, at which time I returned to Canada to get a new visa. Much to our horror , we had been refused once and waited the lengthy process to get a hearing date. We have now been apart for over a year which we did not imagine would happen.

Once involving a solicitor, we were advised to start new with our new more up to date information showing that my husband now officially meets the financial requirements. We re applied July 7th 2017 and as I have a classroom in England to return To, we are hoping that I am miraculously back by then!

When we were originally rejected, my application was sent to Sheffield. We would like to know the difference between there and the New York decision center as that it where our application went this time Around. Are the delays the same for New York as well!

I would love to hear any other experiences! Thank you everyone!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian applicants for U.K. Settlement visas

Why you didn't make the application for your spouse visa from within the UK? It would have saved you a lot of grief. In any case, as far as I know, all settlement visas now go to Sheffield for processing. I don't know why yours would have to New York instead.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Pminette is an unknown quantity at this point

At the time, we did not meet the requirements- though even if we did I did not know that that was an option. Thank you for your reply- we are also confused as to why the email said that it was received in New York.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:08 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which requirement(s) did you not meet?