Can we use Royal Mail for Supporting Docs and return?

Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can we use Royal Mail for Supporting Docs and return?

When we first applied for the spouse visa we had to use Fedex.

Now we're in the UK applying for FLR can we use Royal mail secured/signed for?

Or do they return the documents/passport using their own courier and not Royal Mail?

I am thinking if we move house in the next 6 weeks we can use the Royal Mail Redirection service.

To avoid paying the 590 for premium on the day service.
Just looking at options.

TIA
Old Nov 9th 2017, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we use Royal Mail for Supporting Docs and return?

Yes you can use Royal mail
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes you can use Royal mail
Awesome!

So if we move house before we've received the returned passport/visa we can use the mail redirection service I assume?
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Awesome!

So if we move house before we've received the returned passport/visa we can use the mail redirection service I assume?
The two aren't related. You can use whichever service you like to send your application off; UKVI will send the new BRP by 1st class post.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The two aren't related. You can use whichever service you like to send your application off; UKVI will send the new BRP by 1st class post.
Sorry I don't follow. I'm referring to the passport/visa.
If we send it by Royal Mail secured and enclose the same for return then we'll be able to use the Royal Mail redirection service I assume as long as they don't use another service like DHL
Old Nov 9th 2017, 9:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
Sorry I don't follow. I'm referring to the passport/visa.
If we send it by Royal Mail secured and enclose the same for return then we'll be able to use the Royal Mail redirection service I assume as long as they don't use another service like DHL
UKVI just uses regular first class post so yes, the Royal Mail redirection service will work just fine. Or you can just wait to apply until after you have moved.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKVI just uses regular first class post so yes, the Royal Mail redirection service will work just fine. Or you can just wait to apply until after you have moved.

That's good to know! Was getting so stressed about this today.
We'll just proceed as normal while we have the utility bills etc under our current address and then pay for the redirection service if the house purchase goes through in the next month or 2.

Old Nov 9th 2017, 10:17 pm

If your house move is going to go through before your wife's current visa expires I would simply wait until you move and then apply. You do not want to increase the risk of her vital documents going astray or being delivered to the new owners/tenants unless absolutely necessary.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

If your house move is going to go through before your wife's current visa expires I would simply wait until you move and then apply. You do not want to increase the risk of her vital documents going astray or being delivered to the new owners/tenants unless absolutely necessary.
We have 2 vendors in a chain so you never know how long it will take.
Not something we want to wait until the last minute.
I hope the Royal Mail Redirection service is efficient.

We are on good terms with the owners so hopefully that will help.

Also all of the supporting documentation I'm gathering will have to be changed with our new address and could take time/delays.
I think that is risky.