Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

EEA family permit ECO refusal. Can we reapply without appeal ?

EEA family permit ECO refusal. Can we reapply without appeal ?

Old Feb 19th 2016, 9:26 am
Just Joined

OanaRahuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA family permit ECO refusal. Can we reapply without appeal ?

Hello guys.
My name is Oana. I am married since october 2014 with a libyan citizen and currently we are living in Romania. On 22 of january we have applied for a family permit as we are planning to travel to uk to attend my cousin wedding. On the 25th of january we received an email from visa centre to provide additonal information to prove the cohabiation , bills , photographs untill 1st of february. We reply in the same day and we attached a 19 family photos and we explained that the bills are included in rent and paid by landlord. On 10th of february my husband got a refusal letter because we did not provide the additonal information we were asked.I suppose they did not read the email or so. We got the right of appeal but because is a long procedure i am asking kindly if we can reapply without making the appeal. If so what other documents except marriage certificate, photos , phone records , sms we can provide to prove that we are living together ?

Thank you.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA family permit ECO refusal. Can we reapply without appeal ?

What is your nationality?

Last edited by Shirtback; Feb 19th 2016 at 11:52 am. Reason: Changed my mind ;)
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
What is your nationality?
I am Romanian.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

So, yes you can reapply.

As you were asked for further proof of cohabitation in your last application, you should make sure to include this in your new application.

I'd suggest, amongst all the rest, getting a letter from your landlord that confirms you & your wife both live at the same address, & that bills are included in the rent. Also proof (if you have it) of joint bank account(s), insurance, etc etc.

Thinking outside the box: your wife must have some government issued docs with your mutual address on them? Include this too.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
So, yes you can reapply.

As you were asked for further proof of cohabitation in your last application, you should make sure to include this in your new application.

I'd suggest, amongst all the rest, getting a letter from your landlord that confirms you & your wife both live at the same address, & that bills are included in the rent. Also proof (if you have it) of joint bank account(s), insurance, etc etc.

Thinking outside the box: your wife must have some government issued docs with your mutual address on them? Include this too.
Thanks alot. You just gave me some good ideas.