British Citizenship (REDUX)

Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:44 am
Just Joined

misterjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizenship (REDUX)

Hello previously I posted this thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671157

Someone mentioned I may need my mothers Birth Certificate, but we are not on talking terms, am I still able to obtain British Citizenship via a British Passport? She's a real problem for me.... I'm worried that the fact me and my mother are fighting will jeopardise my chances to live and work in the UK.

Please help, I feel sad.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizenship (REDUX)

If she won't let you use her birth certificate for the application maybe you can get another copy, do your Grandparents have one or can they help you order on from the UK?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:32 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterjack
Hello previously I posted this thread here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671157

Someone mentioned I may need my mothers Birth Certificate, but we are not on talking terms, am I still able to obtain British Citizenship via a British Passport? She's a real problem for me.... I'm worried that the fact me and my mother are fighting will jeopardise my chances to live and work in the UK.

Please help, I feel sad.
Don't know if this will help, but you could give it a try

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017640

Good luck.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jay Bird
Don't know if this will help, but you could give it a try

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017640

Good luck.
If I can get the British Passport once I can just keep renewing it correct? I won't need to go through the need to have the certificate again?
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:16 am
Just Joined

I'm thinking If I can get it now before it's too late then that will be that.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 10:29 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misterjack
If I can get the British Passport once I can just keep renewing it correct? I won't need to go through the need to have the certificate again?

Correct; renewing a British passport (after 10 years) is simply a matter of completing an application form and sending it in with your old passport and new photographs. You don't even need to have it countersigned.