Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Closed Thread

Old Jul 10th 2015, 10:07 pm   #16
BE Forum Addict

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen living abroad? Non-EEA spouse? See this thread for basic informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryb1988 View Post
So guys im in same situation with my american husband and we want to move go nortgern ireland. I need some advice as i currently hold irish passport and was wondering if we could do it the EAA way?
This is what i gathered i may be wrong someone pls correct me.

I just want to clarify somthing as my family are planning to move in Sept.

Am i correct in saying as i am an Irish citizen living in Northern Ireland never having owned a British passport, my husband (american) can apply for a EAA family permit (free of charge) once issued (could take 30 day) he can travel to N.I without me in November ( baby and myself will already be there with me hopefully working). Within the 6 months as the EAA permit is issued for 6 months he can obtain a job and can apply for a residence card £65. With this he is able to live and work in Northern Ireland with his family.

Does this all seem correct as i got the information from a member and done some research of my own.
Just wanting to make sure before we get all excited and sell everything to move. Thanks for all your help

In your previous posts you said you were eligible for a British passport- if this is the case you can only go the EEA permit route by renouncing your British citizenship.

Then you can apply as an Irish citizen wishing to take their US husband to live in Northern Ireland.
Old Jul 11th 2015, 12:37 am   #17
Just Joined

Maryb1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizen living abroad? Non-EEA spouse? See this thread for basic informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
In your previous posts you said you were eligible for a British passport- if this is the case you can only go the EEA permit route by renouncing your British citizenship.

Then you can apply as an Irish citizen wishing to take their US husband to live in Northern Ireland.
I dont mind renouncing my british citizenship but i would like to know the pros and cons of doing that in general. Also if i did that it would be as straight fowars as i mentioned before, just grt the EAA permit after 6 months apply for residence? Sorry for repeating myself im just confused and want to make sure i have all the infor i need before we do this 😀
Old Jul 11th 2015, 1:17 am   #18
BE Forum Addict

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, once you have renounced your British citizenship it is relatively easy to apply for a Family permit.

The other option open to you is for you and your family to move to another EU state (not Ireland) live there and then apply for the Family permit.
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 11:02 am   #19
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Paul M B your posts have been moved to a new thread as this one is for basic info, rather than questions on individual situations

Meeting financial requirements

Arabella your posts are here for the same reason

Financial- what if children are British citizens?
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 3rd 2015 at 12:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2015, 12:08 pm   #20
Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is now locked as people keep posting personal enquiries in it.

If you have an update with useful official info which would be appropriate for this thread please let one of the Mods know and we will make sure it gets added to the thread.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 10th 2015 at 4:04 pm.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)