article 10 residence card

Old Jan 29th 2016, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Tomaquet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default article 10 residence card

I am a British citizen living in Spain (for 10 years). My wife is Colombian and has an article 10 residence card issued here in Spain. Can we travel to the UK together without the need for an EEA family permit?

I have read in other forums that this rule might be exempt to British citizens like myself (so therefore she would need to get a family permit). But it doesn't mention this exemption here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...residence-card

Has anyone (i.e. an article-10-residence-card-holder married to a Brit) successfully entered the uk like this? Are the airlines fully aware of this rule?

Thanks for any help offered!
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:21 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: article 10 residence card

yes, with an article 10 residence card

in the link in post 1, under section 2 & 3

What you are allowed to do with a residence card

A valid, genuine Article 10 (or Article 20) residence card allows the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to travel to the UK without the requirement to obtain an EEA family permit.

However, in order to be admitted to the UK you will need to demonstrate that you have a right of admission under EU law. Without evidence that you have a right of admission, you will not be allowed to enter to the UK on the basis of your residence card.

The longer version

https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/eu-rights-c...om-april-2015/
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by not2old

However, in order to be admitted to the UK you will need to demonstrate that you have a right of admission under EU law. Without evidence that you have a right of admission, you will not be allowed to enter to the UK on the basis of your residence card.
Yes - this is a bit mysterious. What do they mean by this? Do they just mean our marriage certificate?

And do you know if me being British is a problem? I read in another forum that:
"Non-EEA family members of British citizens must also demonstrate that the conditions in Regulation 9 are met in order to have a right of admission."
Visa free travel for Residence Card holder Case refer to ECJ : EEA-route Applications - Page 15 • Immigrationboards.com

What are these conditions?

And more importantly, will airlines allow her/us to travel?

Cheers

Last edited by Tomaquet; Jan 29th 2016 at 12:32 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:51 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

stick with article 10 and the fact that you are travelling together - you the Brit & your non EU article 10 card holder spouse/partner

Just have your passports, marriage certificates & the article 10 card.

Book the flight, arrive in the UK, that's about it.

If the non-EU is travelling alone to the UK, then refer to section 3 in the link in post #1
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

We're travelling together so that won't be a problem.

One last question, do you know if the airlines are aware of these rules?

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Tomaquet; Jan 29th 2016 at 1:18 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:14 pm
Dichotomus tinker

the airlines are funny ones. By now - yes they do

Just print out copy of the article 10 link

Good luck
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

ok. cheers!
Old Jan 30th 2016, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Someone shared this TIMATIC link in another forum. It seems, as you say, that the airlines will be aware of this rule.

https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/t...&subuser=GFB2C
Old Nov 7th 2016, 6:46 pm
Afi
Just Joined

Afi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello i am married to a british citizen and holding an article 10 reaidence card from cyprus called yellow slip me an my british partner want to travel uk togather my question is thre any one who went down this route and do i need visa to travel as uk ba website says i can travel as holder of article 10 residence permit.
Old Mar 26th 2017, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just print out copy of the article 10 link

Good luck

I have a vaild article 10 Norwegian Resident Card but my English husband is already working in the UK for 6 months,and not in Norway. can i travel alone with my card and the rest of the requirements?
Old Mar 26th 2017, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaJon
I have a vaild article 10 Norwegian Resident Card but my English husband is already working in the UK for 6 months,and not in Norway. can i travel alone with my card and the rest of the requirements?
No..... the Norwegian card does not give you automatic rights to enter the UK.

From your earlier posts you do not now live in Norway, and are applying for a UK spouse visa.

Based on your situation I would advise that you do not try to enter the UK with just that card - and certainly not without your husband accompanying you.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Has anyone moved permanently to UK using Art.10 RC rather than apply for FP?

I am interested in finding out any ramifications in doing it this way.

Thanks,

R.