April 2016-17 fees announced

Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April 2016-17 fees announced

Originally Posted by MGNJ36
Have you heard about this?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118060

Seems worrying, if you're planning to move back with a non-EU spouse/family. Although it seems to be regarding migrant visas, who's to say it won't affect the thresholds of other routes?
It's for salary threshold for Tier 2 visa holders seeking ILR. The financial requirements for family visas will be unaffected.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:56 am
Just Joined

LadyRhubarb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HighCaper
Sorry for second post.... I've just read something by a UK Company posted on Facebook that helps people go the Surinda Singh Route and they're saying that there are other fees payable when applying for a Settlement other than application fee and NHS charge.

They claim there is a House Survey cost of £100, Medical Test of £50 and ESOL level 1 Tuition and Test (A1). Does anyone know if this is correct ?
Hi, after looking through some posts here it seems that the Surinda Singh Route is our best option, could you tell me what FB page it is, please?
Many thanks.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LadyRhubarb
Hi, after looking through some posts here it seems that the Surinda Singh Route is our best option, could you tell me what FB page it is, please?
Many thanks.
There are many threads on this forum about Surinder Singh, and how to approach that route.
See this thread for starters, which contains info from many people who have used that route, http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...so-far-804420/
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

LadyRhubarb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are many threads on this forum about Surinder Singh, and how to approach that route.
See this thread for starters, which contains info from many people who have used that route, http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...so-far-804420/
Yes, thank you, I was just wondering about that particular company that was mentioned.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Colombian is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe it, I was already complaining about how expensive my MN1 application would be compared to what my family paid, and now this?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Settlement visas most likely going up by 25% with more increases promised in the next few years.
Settlement visa for refugee dependent is being reduce from £592 to £472.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I have just joined on here. Already, I found many of these posts to be very helpful. I have a question and I hope to get some info from you guys. I am a British Citizen with non EEA spouse. She is currently in the UK on a visitor's visa (we didn't apply for a spouse visa for her we had planned to move abroad for my work but now our plans have changed). Her visitors visa expires on second week of October.
We want to apply for a spouse visa for her. I meet the financial requirements of using savings of £62500 however what I am not sure of is whether I still to have a job/job offer in the UK.
As I mentioned we would have moved abroad (i am an expat) but now our plans have changed so I don't have a job technically.
Thank you all in advance for your replies.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
Hello everyone,
I have just joined on here. Already, I found many of these posts to be very helpful. I have a question and I hope to get some info from you guys. I am a British Citizen with non EEA spouse. She is currently in the UK on a visitor's visa (we didn't apply for a spouse visa for her we had planned to move abroad for my work but now our plans have changed). Her visitors visa expires on second week of October.
We want to apply for a spouse visa for her. I meet the financial requirements of using savings of £62500 however what I am not sure of is whether I still to have a job/job offer in the UK.
As I mentioned we would have moved abroad (i am an expat) but now our plans have changed so I don't have a job technically.
Thank you all in advance for your replies.
If you meet the financial requirements entirely though savings (over £62,500 held for at least six months) then you don't need to be earning a salary or have a job offer. It actually makes it a much simpler application to complete.

Your wife would need to leave the UK before her visitor visa expires and return to her home country to apply for her spouse visa. She cannot do so in the UK.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:13 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you meet the financial requirements entirely though savings (over £62,500 held for at least six months) then you don't need to be earning a salary or have a job offer. It actually makes it a much simpler application to complete.
What do you do if you're both working abroad and wish to move back (UKC and USC) without a job offer? Are you effectively barred now, unless you have this obscene amount of cash savings?
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
What do you do if you're both working abroad and wish to move back (UKC and USC) without a job offer? Are you effectively barred now, unless you have this obscene amount of cash savings?
The sponsor would need to move back first to find a job.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

poida is an unknown quantity at this point

When is the next fee increase announcement expected? Surely it must be very soon...
Old Feb 24th 2017, 11:48 am

They won't give much notice. Without checking probably during the first two weeks of March.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 1:17 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

The sponsor would need to move back first to find a job.
What about a written offer of a job? I'm just thinking ahead for when we move back home.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
What about a written offer of a job? I'm just thinking ahead for when we move back home.
Providing the salary is at least £18,600 pa and you have been employed for at least six months earning again at least £18,600 abroad then a job offer is sufficient providing it starts within three months.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 3:05 pm
Banned

Providing the salary is at least £18,600 pa and you have been employed for at least six months earning again at least £18,600 abroad then a job offer is sufficient providing it starts within three months.
Thanks, BritinParis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.