April 2016-17 fees announced

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...r-2016-to-2017

    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...or_2016-17.pdf
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    I love this bit!
    'These increases will allow us to reduce taxpayer contributions towards the border, immigration and citizenship system and ensure that by 2019–2020 the system is self funded by those who use it.'
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: I love this bit!
    'These increases will allow us to reduce taxpayer contributions towards the border, immigration and citizenship system and ensure that by 2019–2020 the system is self funded by those who use it.'
    I haven't read it yet. I shamlessly picked both links up from a post on immigrationboards and copied them here.
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Settlement visas most likely going up by 25% with more increases promised in the next few years.
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: I love this bit!
    'These increases will allow us to reduce taxpayer contributions towards the border, immigration and citizenship system and ensure that by 2019–2020 the system is self funded by those who use it.'
    As long as the increases are going to a good cause....

    Michali, by the time your husband and I get to ILR, I reckon we'll have paid the yearly salary of one full time border/immigration worker (maybe a junior one)
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    So true!
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    I just read the document with proposed fees for 2016/2017 Settlement Fee - £1195. WOW I've just picked myself up from the floor
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Sorry for second post.... I've just read something by a UK Company posted on Facebook that helps people go the Surinda Singh Route and they're saying that there are other fees payable when applying for a Settlement other than application fee and NHS charge.

    They claim there is a House Survey cost of £100, Medical Test of £50 and ESOL level 1 Tuition and Test (A1). Does anyone know if this is correct ?
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: I love this bit!
    'These increases will allow us to reduce taxpayer contributions towards the border, immigration and citizenship system and ensure that by 2019–2020 the system is self funded by those who use it.'
    Bloody hell. But these poor supplicants paying this money are applying for the right to become taxpayers?? Surely it's a net gain to the public purse to allow in a new taxpayer?
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: I just read the document with proposed fees for 2016/2017 Settlement Fee - £1195. WOW I've just picked myself up from the floor ������
    Read it again as some of the terminology is confusing - ILR for main applicants is already £1500 and will be going up to £1875.
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    The first fee I see is a visitor visa for 6 months or less will be £85? Will that be for all visitors?
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: The first fee I see is a visitor visa for 6 months or less will be £85? Will that be for all visitors?
    That will be for those who come from a country where the UK requires them to apply for a visitor visa before they travel.

    Those that come from countries where the UK allows them to get their visa (stamp) at the border, will still not pay.
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Quote: That will be for those who come from a country where the UK requires them to apply for a visitor visa before they travel.

    Those that come from countries where the UK allows them to get their visa (stamp) at the border, will still not pay.
    ah ok - figured that but it wasn't very specific so just wanted to be sure!
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    The sharp increase for a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode is also noteworthy.
  • Re: April 2016-17 fees announced
    Have you heard about this?

    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118060

    Seems worrying, if you're planning to move back with a non-EU spouse/family. Although it seems to be regarding migrant visas, who's to say it won't affect the thresholds of other routes?