Applying from US-can you keep your passport?

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying from US-can you keep your passport?

Hi everyone,

I had a quick question regarding applying from US:

when you go for your biometrics appointment where you normally have to hand in your passport too, can you ask to keep your passport? I know they keep your passport so that when the visa is issued, they can do so in your passport but I understood in some country you can pay for an extra service which allows you to keep your passport?

Any input/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying from US-can you keep your passport?

Originally Posted by omario2016
Hi everyone,

I had a quick question regarding applying from US:

when you go for your biometrics appointment where you normally have to hand in your passport too, can you ask to keep your passport? I know they keep your passport so that when the visa is issued, they can do so in your passport but I understood in some country you can pay for an extra service which allows you to keep your passport?

Any input/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Apparently it varies according to your location. Check the local website of the visa service you're using - I think it's VFS Global in the US, that will tell you.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying from US-can you keep your passport?

I would suggest looking at US Yankee forum as well. There was such a service introduced late last year. The first few people who used it had terrrible experiences and found themselves taking longer than others who had just used normal priority processing. But you can read all about it on there. It may have improved.