Applying for spouse visa after returning home

Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:26 am
Luo
Just Joined

Luo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for spouse visa after returning home

Hi all,

Please forgive me putting up a similar post to my previous query about spouse visas but I'm so confused about everything right now after speaking to a visa expert.

Here's our situation. I worked in China for 1.5 years full time, earning gross £30k plus a year. I returned home on July 6th, along with my wife on a visitor visa. Since then I've been looking for work, unsuccessfully so far I might add.

Here's my questions:

1.) As it's been only 2 months, is the job offer thing still valid even though I'm currently in the UK?

2.) If not, when I start a job, can my wife go back to China to apply immediately (in that despite unemployment, I have still earned OVER 18600 over the last year?

3.) Does it matter if the job offer is self-employment or not? This won't be explicitly mentioned on the document.

Many thanks. I'm slowly pulling my hair out over these rules.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for spouse visa after returning home

You are asking the same questions for which you have had responses.

With regard to your question 3 (again).

3.) Does it matter if the job offer is self-employment or not? This won't be explicitly mentioned on the document.

If you state that you have a job with an employer, you have to present a contract and letter of employment giving details of the employment with salary, position, how paid, whether permanent or temporary etc. The authorities will check up with the company.

So, if you are intending to somehow NOT declare that the work you are doing is actually on a self employed basis, then is your prospective employer prepared to lie about your status/earning capability?