Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying spouse visa abroad (malaysia) -saving option enquiries

Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:05 am
Just Joined

firwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying spouse visa abroad (malaysia) -saving option enquiries

Hi all, im moving back to uk with all my family and im entitle with roa except for my wife. I have gone through the new ruling on spouse visa and my findings from other site saying it is very much possible to apply it abroad. There are a few questions that im still unsure of. I hope i can clarify this matter here. Thanks in advance.

My situation:
  • im entitled for ROA but yet to apply
  • me and my spouse are from malaysia
  • my kids are also entitle for ROA but yet to apply
  • for the financial requirement, im planing to go with the saving option
  • im still do not have any job in uk yet
  • im still do not have any place to stay in uk yet
  • i do not have a joint account with my wife

My question:
  1. is it acceptable to show them my saving account instead of my wife? Will it be an excuse for the immigration to reject the application if it so?
  2. do i need to maintain the amount £62,500 for six months in my account or only on the day of application?
  3. what would be the reason to show them the 6 month account statement?
  4. would there question if the amount drastically shot up?would there want evidence to every single answer for justification?
Old Jan 18th 2015, 7:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying spouse visa abroad (malaysia) -saving option enquiries

Originally Posted by firwan

Hi all, im moving back to uk with all my family and im entitle with roa except for my wife. I have gone through the new ruling on spouse visa and my findings from other site saying it is very much possible to apply it abroad. There are a few questions that im still unsure of. I hope i can clarify this matter here. Thanks in advance.

My situation:
  • im entitled for ROA but yet to apply
  • me and my spouse are from malaysia
  • my kids are also entitle for ROA but yet to apply
  • for the financial requirement, im planing to go with the saving option
  • im still do not have any job in uk yet
  • im still do not have any place to stay in uk yet
  • i do not have a joint account with my wife

My question:
  1. is it acceptable to show them my saving account instead of my wife? Will it be an excuse for the immigration to reject the application if it so?
  2. do i need to maintain the amount £62,500 for six months in my account or only on the day of application?
  3. what would be the reason to show them the 6 month account statement?
  4. would there question if the amount drastically shot up?would there want evidence to every single answer for justification?
Firstly. I'm not certain what ROA means, looked on Google, but can't find anything that equaytes to living/moving to the UK.

The spouse visa has to be applied for from outside the UK,

Please read. carefully. this Wiki article which explains exactly what the savings route requires.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki
Old Jan 18th 2015, 7:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I read it as ROA = Right of Abode but could be wrong.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Firstly. I'm not certain what ROA means, looked on Google, but can't find anything that equaytes to living/moving to the UK.

The spouse visa has to be applied for from outside the UK,

Please read. carefully. this Wiki article which explains exactly what the savings route requires.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki
Thanks mikelinc,

ROA is right of abode. And im entitle to it. I hav read the link given, but my question remain unclear.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 8:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

If you are entitled to ROA then you need to sort this out first to be able to sponsor your wife. You also need to have it in place for your children.

You are sponsoring your wife so it is okay for it to be in your account but you need to have it for at least 6 months, to show proof of that and evidence for where it came from I think
Old Jan 19th 2015, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you are entitled to ROA then you need to sort this out first to be able to sponsor your wife. You also need to have it in place for your children.

You are sponsoring your wife so it is okay for it to be in your account but you need to have it for at least 6 months, to show proof of that and evidence for where it came from I think
Thanks old.sparkles,

I think that should be the way. But according to the wiki section on spouse visa

The savings must be held in cash on the day of application and must have been under your control in certain specific types of investment (which can include property) for at least the past 6 months
Correct me if i'm wrong here. The way i understand above statement:
  1. the ₤62,500 must be shown in the saving account on the day of application only
  2. I must have full access to the account at least more for 6 months
  3. Meaning the account must be active more than 6 months. Not just a newly created account

Thnks in advances. I appreciate any advice from british expat. Thanks again
Old Jan 19th 2015, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by firwan
Thanks old.sparkles,

I think that should be the way. But according to the wiki section on spouse visa

Correct me if i'm wrong here. The way i understand above statement:
  1. the ₤62,500 must be shown in the saving account on the day of application only
  2. I must have full access to the account at least more for 6 months
  3. Meaning the account must be active more than 6 months. Not just a newly created account

Thnks in advances. I appreciate any advice from british expat. Thanks again
If the cash is from the sale of a property you own then it doesn't need to be in the account for 6 months, but must be cash when applying. If it is in investments or bonds or similar then I think it must be converted to cash before hand and held as cash for 6 months but I'm only going from what I've read here. If it is gifts from other people, it must be a gift not loan and must be held in an account in your control for 6 months. If you are moving money between accounts you will have to show details for all accounts and prove how the money is yours I think
Old Jan 21st 2015, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If the cash is from the sale of a property you own then it doesn't need to be in the account for 6 months, but must be cash when applying. If it is in investments or bonds or similar then I think it must be converted to cash before hand and held as cash for 6 months but I'm only going from what I've read here. If it is gifts from other people, it must be a gift not loan and must be held in an account in your control for 6 months. If you are moving money between accounts you will have to show details for all accounts and prove how the money is yours I think
Thanks angain old.sparkles,

This will help me to prepare for us to migrate to UK. Thanks again. Cheers