Applying ROA without the plan to go to UK yet

Old Jan 30th 2015, 4:12 am
Just Joined

firwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying ROA without the plan to go to UK yet

Originally Posted by JAJ
Since ROA is a statutory entitlement (in fact, not even an entitlement - you either have it or you don't), it most likely is illegal for them (either the Home Office or a private company they have outsourced to) to effectively force you to provide a U.K. address. In fact, it is probably illegal for them to force you to use a private company and they may have to respond to a paper application made directly. A competent immigration solicitor could advise further.
Hmm...ok...Thanks JAJ...i will find out further on this matter. Thanks for the lead.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 9:36 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firwan
The system make it mandatory even though i'm just applying for the certificate.

not so, I have just been to the link, specifically for those doing an on line application from outside the UK

Revisit this again, because I think you went to the application 'for those living in the UK'

Try again, this time for applications on line from outside the UK

From the government website

Apply from outside the UK

You must apply online using the ‘Apply for a UK visa’ service unless you’re from:

Cuba
North Korea
Zimbabwe

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

half way down the page in the link, READ the instructions FULLY...

Before you start

You must be outside the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to apply for your visa.

You need to:

register for an account
fill in the application form in English
pay for the visa fee online (in most cases)
print out your form
book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre

You must:

have the original and a photocopy of all the supporting documents you need for your visa
translate any supporting documents and include them with the originals if they aren’t in English

Last edited by not2old; Jan 30th 2015 at 9:39 am.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Finally...

I have gotten my ROA. Went for the appointment in KL, Malaysia on 8th of April 2015. Received an email from Manila Visa UK on the 24th April and my ROA arrived here in Sabah, Malaysia on the 28th April (Today...yay...)

Just want to say thanks for all advises and guidance from all the BritishExpat members involved. Thank you very much. Thanks guy.

Next mission...Applying for my kids.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 3:39 am
Just Joined

ruzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone and Firwan,

I am planning to get ROA in Malaysia as well since I was born in UK in 1981. May I know after the online submission, do I need to send my Malaysian Passport and UK Birth Certificate to the UK for their verification? Or they will validate the document during the appointment?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ruzman
Hi Everyone and Firwan,

I am planning to get ROA in Malaysia as well since I was born in UK in 1981. May I know after the online submission, do I need to send my Malaysian Passport and UK Birth Certificate to the UK for their verification? Or they will validate the document during the appointment?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi Ruzman,

As supporting document concern. You need to bring the original and photostat copy of your birth cert. Also your malaysian passport. There will certified your copy and courier it for you. You can choose either to collect it back from the centre or there will courier it to you(there is a charge for this service).

Hope this will help. Tq